Wah-Wah and Whammy auto on off?

Dimebucker

Experienced
I was wonder do someone know what is best way to set those two for like auto on off ,and how I must do that because I don't have find good solution for that feature? I use FCB1010 midi pedal device to control my presets and expression pedals ,and I use presets chance function only whit stock chip. I don't use FCB101 for scenes or chancing stomboxs ,only for regular presets chancing I use that.

Its so painful when comes to wah-wah or whammy parts ,and I chance preset where I have wah-wah or whammy. Then wah-wah or whammy will come straight to the signal ,and I need to be quick to rock my expression pedal up and down to get those effects away for signal. When I am playing parts before those wah-wah/whammy parts ,I need to get wah-wah and whammy be bypassed.

just set it to auto-on in the controller section of the effect block, if it's already mapped to the expression pedal as soon as you press down on the pedal it will engage

I think the problem is that the preset is saved with the Wah or Whammy block enabled. That’s why they are on when you switch preset. You need to save the presets with the effect in disabled state and then use the auto-engage (which sounds by your description is working fine) to enable it.

^^^ this could be it, i may have misread the question. I've done that before, it's really annoying, lol...

The other issue is if both the wah and the whammy are in the same patch and they are both set to auto engage you will get both at the same time which is not usually what you want. The only way around that is to have a switched pedal where one (let's say the wah) will be called up by that switch and the other (let's say the whammy) readied by another another switch which can be on your main controller pedal (such as an MFC-101) or an external switch which will kick it in at the time you move the pedal via auto engage. This is the only way I've found to make both work on the same preset with the same pedal but others may have other work arounds for this that I'm not aware of but this does work. :encouragement:8)

Thanks for info i use only one wah-wah or whammy per presets ,but nice to know If I some day want to run those both together.

The other issue is if both the wah and the whammy are in the same patch and they are both set to auto engage you will get both at the same time which is not usually what you want. The only way around that is to have a switched pedal where one (let's say the wah) will be called up by that switch and the other (let's say the whammy) readied by another another switch which can be on your main controller pedal (such as an MFC-101) or an external switch which will kick it in at the time you move the pedal via auto engage. This is the only way I've found to make both work on the same preset with the same pedal but others may have other work arounds for this that I'm not aware of but this does work. :encouragement:8)

You can use a mixer block and scene controllers to only engage (let the audio through from) either the wah or the whammy in different scenes if you want as well. As usual with the Axe Fx 2, there’s almost always several ways to do what you want :)

I was set now that Whammy to auto engage fast speed ,and also I was bypassed that block. Its works very well now but I was wonder ,is there any chance to get rid off one thing. When I first time chance preset where is that Whammy block ,it will not affect tone it is bypassed before I hit expression pedal.

But when I have rock my expression pedal whit that Whammy effect ,and I take my foot out of pedal it will not bypass that Whammy again. I need chance some another preset and come back to that Whammy preset ,to get that block bypassed again. Are there normal ,or have I do something wrong?

I was set now that Whammy to auto engage fast speed ,and also I was bypassed that block. Its works very well now but I was wonder ,is there any chance to get rid off one thing. When I first time chance preset where is that Whammy block ,it will not affect tone it is bypassed before I hit expression pedal.

But when I have rock my expression pedal whit that Whammy effect ,and I take my foot out of pedal it will not bypass that Whammy again. I need chance some another preset and come back to that Whammy preset ,to get that block bypassed again. Are there normal ,or have I do something wrong?

Depending on how you set the modifier for the whammy, (I set mine to around 5% with the pedal up) you will need to either leave the pedal in the up or down position to turn the block off.

I think my settings are stock ,off value is 5% min 0.0% max 100%. Its that normal because when I rock my expression pedal once ,it will take Whammy block engage then without bypassing that again? And do you use speed or positions ,and slow or fast values?

Depending on how you set the modifier for the whammy, (I set mine to around 5% with the pedal up) you will need to either leave the pedal in the up or down position to turn the block off.

You have to bring the pedal back to heal position ...if its set that way or you can set to toe off... I'm using a spring loaded mission ep-1 that returns to heal, and it goes off in heal position

I use FCB1010 midi pedal that have two expression pedals ,and do not have any switches for those pedals unfortunately. Heal position did not bypass that Whammy block ,i was get that only bypassed when I was chance another preset and back to Whammy preset.

You have to bring the pedal back to heal position ...if its set that way or you can set to toe off... I'm using a spring loaded mission ep-1 that returns to heal, and it goes off in heal position

If you've got it set to auto-engage and auto-off, check your settings for the off position. 5% is heel down for off, 95% is toe down position for off (my personal preference, after so many years of a Crybaby style 'toe click' it just feels normal to me).

Make sure you've calibrated your EXP pedals too.

Okey I check those settings.

If you've got it set to auto-engage and auto-off, check your settings for the off position. 5% is heel down for off, 95% is toe down position for off (my personal preference, after so many years of a Crybaby style 'toe click' it just feels normal to me).

Make sure you've calibrated your EXP pedals too.

Back
Top Bottom