Wah used to auto-disengage but now stays on

Galen Cane

Inspired
The Wah still auto engages when I move the pedal but no longer disengages.

Has something changed or an I being a muppet?

I'm not aware of anything that changed, but first thing that comes to mind is the type of expression pedal you are using and whether it has a setting. For instance, I use Roland EV-5 pedals, and there's a rotary min/max knob on the side of the pedal. If it's not set at zero, my pedal won't go to my minimum setting when I 'heel down'. I always check it's status before I gig. A second thought, perhaps you need to recalibrate your expression pedal.

And if you were being a muppet specifically which one would you be ?

Sorry - couldn't resist :)

Al
I'm not aware of anything that changed, but first thing that comes to mind is the type of expression pedal you are using and whether it has a setting. For instance, I use Roland EV-5 pedals, and there's a rotary min/max knob on the side of the pedal. If it's not set at zero, my pedal won't go to my minimum setting when I 'heel down'. I always check it's status before I gig. A second thought, perhaps you need to recalibrate your expression pedal.

Almost tempted to get out of bed and go check that right now!

I use EV-5's and have this problem occasionally. Recalibrating the pedal on the MFC-101 does the trick.

Try this above & also make sure the expression pedal 'finishes' in the up position - I sometimes find this de-engages the wah

Back
Top Bottom