Wah triggered by envelope and controller

foureyees

Hi everyone,

Just got my AX8 a few days ago and I'm really impressed. I've owned the Kemper and currently own a Helix, this thing blows both out of the water. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of "tweakability" in the unit.

My question though, is there any way possible I can have my wah in the "x state" set to an external controller and the wah in the "y state" set to envelope? or toggle between the two with seperate "scenes" I need the use of both and it would be nice to easily switch between the 2. I know this is possible by swtiching presets but I'd would be much easier in my setup if I can toggle the x/y state or scenes.

Any help would be much appreciated!

No, sorry, you can't have different modifiers on X and Y. However, you could use a WAH and a separate FILTER block to achieve the same thing.

No, sorry, you can't have different modifiers on X and Y. However, you could use a WAH and a separate FILTER block to achieve the same thing.

Thanks but I don't quite understand. The filter block doesn't seem to have a controller parameter that I can set to envelope or controller. Can you please explain? Sorry for the noob-ness...

Thanks but I don't quite understand. The filter block doesn't seem to have a controller parameter that I can set to envelope or controller. Can you please explain? Sorry for the noob-ness...
A wah is basically a band pass filter (or in some rare cases a low pass filter) with variable center frequency. Just attach the envelope controller to the frequency parameter of the filter block, adjust other parameters to taste

Scene controllers can't be attached to other controllers AFAIK

Dx1MRtU.png

OMG! I rarely use FracPad, but now I wonder why this feature has been omitted from the UI and ax8-edit? Are there other hidden features?

EDIT: I'm now seeing that FracPad allows to attach a controller to every parameter of every block. That's wonderful! Shame on me for not having used it for a long time.
And again: why the heck it's not possible with ax8-edit since the feature is already there?

Last edited:
Almost any parameter can have a modifier. Some might result in artifacts or a fairly high CPU% increase (5-10% on Axe-FX II). Looper record, preset tempo and pitch block custom notes are the only parameters I've found where a modifier has no effect.

One extra thing (not possible from FracPad) that does work is a bypass modifier on enhancer block: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/various-presets-tricks.135770/#post-1626797

Back
Top Bottom