Wah to bypass, engaged on power-up

secondwindow

Power User
I've added a wah block and want it to be disengaged by default. However, on power-up, the wah is engaged. This seems to occur regardless of the settings I use.

I'm controlling the wah sweep with an EV-2 and an external OCD footswitch to engage/disengage, both connected to my FC-12.

I've checked the manual, but haven't found an answer. Pic attached so you can see my settings.

Suggestions?

Attachments

• Axe-FX III - FC-12 - Wah Issue.JPG
    Axe-FX III - FC-12 - Wah Issue.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 19
Yeah, why the source 2 switch? You should have your pedal assigned to the control parameter and the switch assigned to the Bypass parameter. If it initializes with the wah on that way, swap the start and end values of the Bypass modifier to reverse the action of the switch. That will make it initialize off instead.

Yeah, why the source 2 switch? You should have your pedal assigned to the control parameter and the switch assigned to the Bypass parameter. If it initializes with the wah on that way, swap the start and end values of the Bypass modifier to reverse the action of the switch. That will make it initialize off instead.
Thanks for those ideas. I think I tried them all, but it's still not working as I'd expect.

Not only did I have that CS assigned as in the screens hot, I also had assigned it to the Bypass.

Troubleshooting is slow because it seems I have to restart between setting changes.

I really need to start with a fresh, super simple preset and get that working. I'll use the wah examples in the manual. I'm probably just missing something simple.

Thanks for those ideas. I think I tried them all, but it's still not working as I'd expect.

Not only did I have that CS assigned as in the screens hot, I also had assigned it to the Bypass.

Troubleshooting is slow because it seems I have to restart between setting changes.

I really need to start with a fresh, super simple preset and get that working. I'll use the wah examples in the manual. I'm probably just missing something simple.
Just reset the block and set auto engage to med-position for the correct pedal input. (Use only source controller1)

I set the modifier (to move from 0 to 10) on the key wah value.

Should bypass on “off” value of 0

👍

Remove all the modifiers in the wah block by setting the sources to None and start over. Assign a modifier to the Control parameter with the pedal as source 1. Assign a second modifier to the bypass parameter with the switch as source 1. The switch should now turn the wah block on and off and the pedal should control the wah sweep. That's all you need.

If you don't want to use the switch to turn the wah on and off manually, omit that modifier and turn on auto-engage in the Control parameter's modifier instead like Fractals said. That will make the wah bypass automatically when you move it to heel down. If you'd rather have the wah off at toe down instead, set the Off Value in the modifier to 95% instead of 5%.

@∞Fractals and @mr_fender:

Everything's working as I'd like now. I had to set the Bypass "ENGAGED" and "BYPASSED" to the opposite of what they were before, as suggested.

Aside from some wonky settings, I needed to globally change the CS behavior to Virtual Toggle, Normally Open. I think this was what was causing the wah to always be engaged on power-up.

The screenshots show my new settings.

Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• Axe-FX III - FC-12 - Wah Issue - 02.JPG
    Axe-FX III - FC-12 - Wah Issue - 02.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Axe-FX III - FC-12 - Wah Issue - 03.JPG
    Axe-FX III - FC-12 - Wah Issue - 03.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Axe-FX III - FC-12 - Wah Issue - 01.JPG
    Axe-FX III - FC-12 - Wah Issue - 01.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220126_125607.jpg
    20220126_125607.jpg
    810.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
@∞Fractals and @mr_fender:

Everything's working as I'd like now. I had to set the Bypass "ENGAGED" and "BYPASSED" to the opposite of what they were before, as suggested.

Aside from some wonky settings, I needed to globally change the CS behavior to Virtual Toggle, Normally Open. I think this was what was causing the wah to always be engaged on power-up.

The screenshots show my new settings.

Thanks so much for your help!
Enjoy!

Best MI purchase I ever made, and I’ve bought a lot.

👍❤️🙏

Back
Top Bottom