Wah sweep question with Roland EV-5

roodboy

Inspired
I'm having some issues with the EV-5 as an expression pedal for the wah. It seems like the first 1/4- 1/2" I push on the pedal I get no response on the freq modifier in the wah parameter. I would like to have sweep whenever the pedal moves. Its driving me nuts pusing the pedal down a little bit and not getting the effect. I calibrated it but had no luck.
Any suggestions on a programming tweak for me to increase the response/sweep? it seems like I'm onlt getting wah on the last 2/3 of the sweep.
If not any expression pedal out there that works better?
I don't remember this as an issue with 5.19 or 5.20 software, I'm running 5.23 on an Ultra.

Well I can recommend you the Ernie Ball pedals. They sound great on the wah to me. Sorry I don't know whats wrong.

Are you plugging your EV-5 pedal into a MIDI floor controller, or directly into the Axe-FX's PEDAL1 (or PEDAL2) jack?

I also have the EV-5 plugged into the axe-fx and notice this same behavior. I use the autoengage and tweak the EV-5 adjustment knob slightly to get it to engage with less slack pedal travel. That doesn't really address the overall sweep issues, but I guess I've just adapted to it for now.

mitch said:
I also have the EV-5 plugged into the axe-fx and notice this same behavior. I use the autoengage and tweak the EV-5 adjustment knob slightly to get it to engage with less slack pedal travel. That doesn't really address the overall sweep issues, but I guess I've just adapted to it for now.

I sounds like a polarity problem, but I think I've plugged my EV-5 in the back w/o a problem(it's been a while). The Axe-fx's polarity is opposite of some expression pedals.

mitch said:
What kind of weak did you do? I have it on zero IIRC.

javajunkie said:
mitch said:

I sounds like a polarity problem, but I think I've plugged my EV-5 in the back w/o a problem(it's been a while). The Axe-fx's polarity is opposite of some expression pedals.
That makes sense exept I could swear I had an old patch that I erased due to my stipidity with 5.20 software and I didn't have the problem.
I'm hoping in the long run that there is a fractal expression pedal for the midifootswitch.

Back
Top Bottom