Wah stays engaged (at one frequency) when not in use...

diggi

Inspired
I have a Wah block instantiated just before the amp block and I am using a Mission pedal to control it. I have it calibrated the way I want and it sounds great when the pedal is depressed, (clicked "on") and in use. However, when I click the pedal "off" in this preset (pushing down until the button "clicks"), a frequency (from the wah) is maintained in the preset. It's hard to explain really, but I can hear the hissing, etc - though the frequency will not sweep if I move the pedal.

In Axe Edit, I have the Wah block on. If I double click the Wah block in Axe Edit and bypass it totally, the weird frequency and subtle "hiss" is gone, and the preset is back to where I'd prefer it if I was able to click the Wah "off" using my Mission pedal.

My attempt and explaining this surely leaves much to be desired, but I am incompetent in explaining the issue more succinctly.

You should not be using Edit. It causes problems. Turn off disconnect from edit and power back on. I assume you are using the SP1 Go into your preset and make sure that the way is disengaged (bypassed) and save it. You should be good to go. If that doesn't work go back in to your wah block and make sure auto engage is off and make sure that the wah is bypassed in the saved preset

When I forgo the wah, (bypass it on the Axe Fx), it no longer works. I'd like it to work when I click the pedal on. I just don't want to hear that lingering hyped frequency once I click to turn the wah off.

did you assign the switch to do something and is it plugged in? i assume you are using an sp-1 pedal? have you watched my sp-1 video?

In case you missed it an earlier response, the default for the wah was changed from a cc to turn it on to auto on....it caught me by surprise when I updated my firmware as my midi pedal apparently moves enough on it's own after 20 minutes or so to engage the wah w/ the auto deal.

Got it figured out. In the end, my second TRS was not inserted properly into the heel location input of the SP-1 (which is why it wouldn't come out of bypass mode when the toe was "clicked")

It's always something simple and perhaps overlooked :)

Thanks y'all for your help!

Back
Top Bottom