Wish Wah State When Expression Pedal Absent

MikeD

Inspired
I'd like to see the wah block behave the same as volume block when configured to use an expression pedal BUT no expression pedal is connected.

I have a wah connected to Ext2 and controlled by auto engage. When no expression pedal is connected the wah block defaults to 'on' when the preset is recalled regardless of the state of the wah block when the preset is saved. In other words, save preset with wah in "off" state and it is always "on" when preset is recalled when no expression pedal is connected.

Case is when I want to travel light and take just the FX8.

on the axe fx, you can go into I/O>midi and scroll down to the list of "ext ctrl n init val". they're all set to 0% by default. if you change this value to 100% for the external you're using for the wah, you should get the behaviour you're looking for

on the axe fx, you can go into I/O>midi and scroll down to the list of "ext ctrl n init val". they're all set to 0% by default. if you change this value to 100% for the external you're using for the wah, you should get the behaviour you're looking for
I think that is the opposite, isn't it? He wants it off, so it sounds like the initial value may be set to 100%...

Or, the controller setting has PC Reset set to "off"...

I have only an Axe Fx so don't know that Fx8 has the same setting, but if it does, that's what I would check.

Set the block to be off and set PC Reset to on, save the preset.

Update: Getting closer - fix is temporary as it works until power cycle.

Firstly - thanks to Simeon and Unix-Guy for your suggestions.

The wah is controlled by an expression pedal in Ext2. Set for Auto-Engage with heel down being off. The I/O>Midi>Init Value for Ext2 was set to 0. Off Value of the modifier is set to 5%. I want the wah block to be off when there is no expression pedal plugged in.

Setting the PC Reset to 'On' in the controller and then turning Wah block off and saving the preset worked until the unit was power cycled. When the unit was powered back up the Wah was always on when no expression pedal was connected. Turning Wah block off and saving preset works every time (i.e reproducible) until unit is powered off.

Is there a setting in the I/O menu for external cnt initial state? the axe fx has a setting to set the initial state of controllers for when there is no pedal connected to the external controllers. I do not have an FX-8 so I am not sure if it has it.

from the OPs discussion thread:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/wah-default-state.117563/#post-1402643

perhaps for now when you gig light, go to your I/O CTRL menu and set your pedal items to NONE.

Hi Chris. I will take a look at the I/O CTRL menu later this evening. I didn't realize you could set pedal items to none. That would be a clean work around so I don't have to dupe presets and also clean for the FX8 to not look for pedals that are not there. Thx again.

The "none" method should work, but first try setting the Ext Ctrl's init value to 100%. Also enable PC RST on all presets if using "position" (POS) autoengage style. No need for PC RST with SPD style. This solution works on the Axe-FX II.

The "none" method should work, but first try setting the Ext Ctrl's init value to 100%. Also enable PC RST on all presets if using "position" (POS) autoengage style. No need for PC RST with SPD style. This solution works on the Axe-FX II.
UPDATE:
Hi Bakerman. I gave your method a try and it seems to have worked. I have tried on two of my presets and is working like a charm. Thx

Back
Top Bottom