Wah Settings Anyone?

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hi all,

So I've finally got my mission pedals all setup. I'm curious to know what other people's wah settings are like? What min and max frequencies you have, tracking and are you using bandpass or low pass?

Many Thanks

Paul

+1 - recently got mission ep-1 & sp-1 using sp-1 as wah as well as my ernie ball VP jr as global volume pedal (works well too) - user feedback on above questions would be valued.

+1 I'm having a hard time getting the way block to sound like my Vox or Dunlop wah's ... really funky and having the right taper.

This applies here, to the wah issue, as much as globally to all effect blocks...
Can we exchange just an effect block, as opposed to an entire preset? If so once others have nailed settings on an effect, they could share it. I know that we could also just put the dialed in effect as the only block in a preset, load the exchanged preset and extract that effect block to another and now have it?
I just wondered if the simply effect block only exchange is valid at this time?

For my 'Shaft Wacka Wacka' type sound I keep the min freq around 350Hz and the max around 1800Hz or so sometimes higher. For the modifier I put the mid around 25%. That feels really good to me.

For my heavier high gain stuff I like a real fat wah. I play 7 strings mostly so the low B is around 125Hz or so. So for that (with the improved wah, thanx Cliff!!!) I go down to 125Hz and a max of around 1400Hz or so. Fat as hell. I adjust the bandwidth (can't remember what they call it now...) typically over 6. I like to really feel the wah 'grab' onto my high bent notes. 15th fret on the high B string. If it just goes 'wah' it's not low enough for me. I need it to go 'Fffwwwaaaah'. Know what I mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For my 'Shaft Wacka Wacka' type sound I keep the min freq around 350Hz and the max around 1800Hz or so sometimes higher. For the modifier I put the mid around 25%. That feels really good to me.

For my heavier high gain stuff I like a real fat wah. I play 7 strings mostly so the low B is around 125Hz or so. So for that (with the improved wah, thanx Cliff!!!) I go down to 125Hz and a max of around 1400Hz or so. Fat as hell. I adjust the bandwidth (can't remember what they call it now...) typically over 6. I like to really feel the wah 'grab' onto my high bent notes. 15th fret on the high B string. If it just goes 'wah' it's not low enough for me. I need it to go 'Fffwwwaaaah'. Know what I mean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, high gain wah needs to have lower frequency range for sure. When I get a mission pedal I want do some wah tweaking. The Behringer FCB1010 pedals are clunky as hell.

That's more or less what I have mine set to. I only had my headphones plugged in last night and it sound really good. I think firmware 5 has definitely improved the headphone monitoring. With firmware 4 it sounded a little tinny. I'm gonna try thru my amp tomorrow and see what the wah sounds like. I'm glad I figured out how to set my mission pedals up they work really well lol

This applies here, to the wah issue, as much as globally to all effect blocks...
Can we exchange just an effect block, as opposed to an entire preset? If so once others have nailed settings on an effect, they could share it. I know that we could also just put the dialed in effect as the only block in a preset, load the exchanged preset and extract that effect block to another and now have it?
I just wondered if the simply effect block only exchange is valid at this time?

like this?

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/ultra...ther-all-pedal-effects-emulations-thread.html

Back
Top Bottom