Wah set up question..

Jimmytwotimes

Experienced
Hey everyone - I've only had my XL for about a month and have finally had a chance to try and set up my pod 500 to control the wah/volume. I got the volume to work - but having trouble with the wah and I know its just some parameter I'm missing. The wah works only half way. So when my heel is on the floor until exactly half way, there is no wah effect. The second half up to the full range does have the wah effect. When i look at the screen as I move the pedal through the full range, I can see the dot moving the full range on the graph, however i also notice at the bottom half of the range, the screen says "bypass" and the top half says "wahwah 1:x". I'm not sure how to get the bottom half out of the bypass mode. Thanks for your help in advance!

Check your auto-engage and Off Value setting for the controller. You probably have auto-engage set to on and Off Value set to 50%. If you want the wah to turn on automatically when you move the pedal, leave auto-engage on, and set Off Value to some smaller value, like 5 or 10%

Sounds like maybe the "Auto Engage" function is set too high. This parameter sets where in the sweep of the pedal the effect turns on. On the modifier page, you can enter values between 0-127. Something closer to 0 will move the "On" point closer to the heel, and vice-versa.

That did it ! I actually had the auto engage off - and when I changed it to one of the "positions" ( slow,med fast), it works like a champ now. But when I have it set to one of the "speeds" ( slow,med,fast) - I still get it starting at around halfway. Thanks guys!:encouragement:

Here's some good info to get you going: Axe-FX Wiki- Wah Effect
If you set your Auto Engage Off Value to 5%, the Wah will disengage when you are in the heel position; set it to 95% and it will disengage in the toe position.

Did you make any changes to the I/O: CTRL page defaults? It sounds like you might still have the pedal assigned to Wah 1 Bypass there. The SPD autoengage options won't engage the block if the pedal moves slowly enough, but the CTRL bypass assignment would once you cross 50%. So, set that back to 97 or NONE if you changed it to match your pedal's CC#.

Back
Top Bottom