wah set up -again..

Jimmytwotimes

Experienced
Hey there - having issues setting up my wah. I'm using a pod 500 as a midi controller. The pod seems to be working fine as far as a controller and is transmitting fine. The issue I'm having is with the wah block and getting the axe to respond properly. So the issue is that I have the wah block set with auto engage - the wah effect does not come on until exactly where the pedal is at 50%. So looking at the graph - the pedal shows the full sweep - but does not turn on until half way. I have had this problem before, but i've tried what I have in the past and it doesn't seem to be working. I know there is probably some little thing I'm missing somewhere and I'm being an idiot. Any ideas? Thanks !

If setting the auto engage to motion you may have the dampning set to high, if position engage you may have the start % to high.

Check parameters as suggested in the last post of your previous thread about this:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/94827-wah-set-up-question.html

This wouldn't cause exactly what you described before, but also make sure there's no bypass modifier assigned in the wah block. Press enter on "bypass mode" parameter and it should say "none" for source. The symbol below the knob would also indicate when a modifier is assigned.

Last edited:
Yeah - i've tried the things in my last post and I've tried both of these suggestions- nothing seems to be working - the wah effect keeps turning on when the pedal is exactly at 50%. I appreciate the suggestions guys. Anything else it could be?

Yeah - i've tried the things in my last post and I've tried both of these suggestions- nothing seems to be working - the wah effect keeps turning on when the pedal is exactly at 50%. I appreciate the suggestions guys. Anything else it could be?
Make sure the pedal is calibrated to the Axe Fx or MFC. If the start and end parameters of the calibration are set wrong, all of the on/off percentages will also be off. If the pedal is coming on at 50% and going off below it, the pedal itself is communicating correctly, it has to be a range/calibration setting that is off.

You are using the Expression Pedal CC# as the Wah Bypass CC#. Set the Wah Bypass CC# to None.

Could you post a preset and list the I/O: CTRL page settings for External Control 1 (or whichever Ext Ctrl # you use for the pedal) and Wahwah 1 Bypass?

Back
Top Bottom