Wah Questions

glombi

Inspired
Hi,

I'm new to FA and the AX8. I'm really happy with it and quite postive to find my setup soon, to focus on playing and practicing guitar agein. In general I'm getting along quite well with the UI and operation of the AX8. But at the moment I have several questions regarding the wah block of AX8:

I'm trying to set up a wah block for clean funk using BOSS FV-500H as expression 1 pedal and auto engage. It's working, but I hear more of an on/off effect (arround center position of the pedal) than a smooth change of the filter effect (Preset "Double Verb")? Also the heel off function causes an similar effect in the heel position (I'm pretty shure that I will not manage to stay away from heel position far enough all the time, and rising the damping doesn't seem to be the solution?). Do you have any tips for properly setting up the controller?

I also noticed a weired effect in AX-Edit. When I want to edit the paramters of the expression pedal connected to the wah modifier, I use right-click (actually two fingers and left-click on the mouse pad of my MacBook pro). This automatically changes the linearity setting of the expression pedal every time I do this in the parameters dialogue? Am I doing something wrong? Also the preset was set to "Linear", after toggeling through different wahs, it's "Log30" for all wahs after that?

And finally I would like to set up my wah with expression pedal and auto engage in "X" and as auto wah using the envelope modifier in "Y". But obviously it's not possible to cennect different modifiers in X/Y? Any work around, as it's not possible to have 2 wah blocks?

Thank you,
glombi

Are you using a trs cable to connect your boss pedal? have you calibrated the pedal? as far as right and left clicking in axe edit, I have never done that. If you want wah and auto wah try using the wahwa for wah and a filter block for the auto wah. if you search the forum here you should be able to find some posts explaining how to do this, possibly presets also.

Yes, TRS with crossed leads. Pedal is calibrated an the indicator in the modifier parameter dialogue is moving all the way and quite smothly.

Thanks for the hint to the filter block, I will check out this. I hoped to save some CPU load, using only one block in X/Y.

I'm quite shure that I saw a thread in this board about a cool auto wah / envelope filter. It also had a video with a cool live performance. Unfortunaly I don't rember the thread title nor marked it. I've already spent some time searching this one...

Yes, TRS with crossed leads. Pedal is calibrated an the indicator in the modifier parameter dialogue is moving all the way and quite smothly.

Thanks for the hint to the filter block, I will check out this. I hoped to save some CPU load, using only one block in X/Y.

I'm quite shure that I saw a thread in this board about a cool auto wah / envelope filter. It also had a video with a cool live performance. Unfortunaly I don't rember the thread title nor marked it. I've already spent some time searching this one...
I searched for "filter wah" and found this in a few seconds: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/auto-wah-in-what-i-am.117868/#post-1411226

Back
Top Bottom