Wah problem...bug? or?

Grievous66

Inspired
I'm on 18.03.
I have a wah block that I want to function this way:
On scene 1 I want to use Channel A with a some type of wah and on control page to use as source External 1 with Auto engage (Fast pos)
On scene 2 I want to use Channel B with a different (then Channel A) type of wah and on control I want to use LFO as source and behave as Auto Wah.
Somehow I cannot achieve this due to the flowing behavior. If I go on scene 2 and on Wah Channel B I change the control source to LFO, then this setting (source) propagates to Channel A also....and vice versa.
It's this the normal behavior? or bug? or limitation?
Thanks

Modifiers can be applied to the same control for any single channel or all channels. Not each channel...

You need to change from All channels in the modifier page to only channel A in that first scene, then select the other scene that has channel B and select B instead of All. The swtting is in the modifier page. I did the same thing a few days ago, and even though I was aware of how to do that, I messed up on the first try and had to back and fix it.

You need to change from All channels in the modifier page to only channel A in that first scene, then select the other scene that has channel B and select B instead of All.
This isn't possible; there's only one set of modifier settings. If you switch the modifier channel to B in scene 2, the pedal won't control channel A anymore.

Dual modifier sources provide some ability for this type of thing. If you select the pedal & LFO as source 1 & 2 with the "Source 1 + 2" option you could use the pedal in one scene while the LFO is stopped at minimum value. (This might require using the "B" LFO output and setting the B Phase value to a nonzero amount.) Then if you park the pedal at 0, you can run the LFO in another scene, either with a run modifier or by switching Control block channels. Auto-engage will still be in effect but if you notice the block switching off while under LFO control, you can reduce LFO depth to something like 80% to avoid this.

This isn't possible; there's only one set of modifier settings. If you switch the modifier channel to B in scene 2, the pedal won't control channel A anymore.

Dual modifier sources provide some ability for this type of thing. If you select the pedal & LFO as source 1 & 2 with the "Source 1 + 2" option you could use the pedal in one scene while the LFO is stopped at minimum value. (This might require using the "B" LFO output and setting the B Phase value to a nonzero amount.) Then if you park the pedal at 0, you can run the LFO in another scene, either with a run modifier or by switching Control block channels. Auto-engage will still be in effect but if you notice the block switching off while under LFO control, you can reduce LFO depth to something like 80% to avoid this.
Sorry..I cannot achieve this somehow.... the way I have my pedal is reversed...see attached.
1639928030003.png
.when I go to scene 2 I need to press down my pedal so that the LFO will engage, but if I switch back to scene 1 where I use my external pedal then it is already engaged and I don't want that.

Modifiers are attached to the block, not the channel. The simplest solution to achieve what you want to do is use a 2nd Wah block. They use very little cpu and the modifiers on 2nd block won't interfere with the ones one the 1st one.
I know that 2nd wah would be the solution..but I have no more CPU available...lol
1639934562506.png

Wow, quite the preset you got there haha
2 guitars, bass, vocals, and samples. Guitars goes out to FOH thru Out1, bass and vocals thru Out2, samples goes in thru In3(left signal is click track right ambient/samples stuff) then out thru Out 4( L/click track goes to drummer, R/samples to FOH). Also all these signals (Guitars, bass, vocals click track) r going into Out3 then Inear monitoring..no separate mixes (2 expensive for us and for what we do)

Sorry..I cannot achieve this somehow.... the way I have my pedal is reversed...see attached.
View attachment 93092
.when I go to scene 2 I need to press down my pedal so that the LFO will engage, but if I switch back to scene 1 where I use my external pedal then it is already engaged and I don't want that.
Do you intentionally have Min/Max and Start/End reversed?

That seems like a lot of settings to achieve what the opposite (and default) settings would do.

Of course, I had a late night and just beginning coffee ingestion... So I might be off base ;)

Do you intentionally have Min/Max and Start/End reversed?

That seems like a lot of settings to achieve what the opposite (and default) settings would do.

Of course, I had a late night and just beginning coffee ingestion... So I might be off base ;)
I use FCB1010 and I like my pedal pressed toes down when is off. It's easier for me that way not to move it by mistake during tap dancing, and feels more natural to me to use it that way...same as with volume

I use FCB1010 and I like my pedal pressed toes down when is off. It's easier for me that way not to move it by mistake during tap dancing.
Yes... And you have autoengage set at 95%.

Assuming you still want it to sweep from low to high frequencies going from heel down to toe down, none of the other setting changes are required.

Because what you're doing now is this:

Setting Minimum value at toe down.
Setting Maximum value at heel down.

Setting Maximum value to be 0 (normal minimum value).

Setting Minimum value to be 100 (normal maximum value).

So, effectively doing this:

Minimum -> Maximum (via Min) -> Minimum (via End)
Maximum -> Minimum (via Max) -> Maximum (via Start)

Try reverting to defaults there:

Min 0
Max 100
Start 0
End 100

I think your results will be the same.

I thought I had it set so that my B channel in a scene used the LFO and it retained the A channel on my controller, but I may be wrong about that. I was only using the LFO for a short section in a song, so I didn't save it, but I may revisit that and check it again. It just makes sense that it should work that way.

I thought I had it set so that my B channel in a scene used the LFO and it retained the A channel on my controller, but I may be wrong about that. I was only using the LFO for a short section in a song, so I didn't save it, but I may revisit that and check it again. It just makes sense that it should work that way.
See my earlier post. A modifier can be assigned to either ALL channels or any single channel in a block.

If you use Auto Engage at toe down instead (I prefer it that way too like a crybaby toe switch), set Source 1 as the pedal and Source 2 as the LFO1A and subtract them (Src 1 - Src 2) instead of adding them. That makes your resting point 100% (toe down) instead of 0% (heel down). You can then use Controller channels to change your LFO settings to pick the LFO or the pedal for a given scene. Set up Channel A with the LFO1 set how you want for the autowah sweep. Set up Channel B with LFO1 set to square wave and set Run/Stop to Stop. That makes the LFO stop at 0% and your pedal works as expected. Just remember that autoengage is still active so if your LFO goes above 95% it may still bypass the wah block for a sec if your LFO rate is slow enough so you may need to reduce the LFO depth a little to keep that from happening or set autoengage to a medium or slow setting instead of fast.

Last edited:
If you use Auto Engage at toe down instead (I prefer it that way too like a crybaby toe switch), set Source 1 as the pedal and Source 2 as the LFO1A and subtract them (Src 1 - Src 2) instead of adding them. That makes your resting point 100% (toe down) instead of 0% (heel down). You can then use Controller channels to change your LFO settings to pick the LFO or the pedal for a given scene. Set up Channel A with the LFO1 set how you want for the autowah sweep. Set up Channel B with LFO1 set to square wave and set Run/Stop to Stop. That makes the LFO stop at 0% and your pedal works as expected. Just remember that autoengage is still active so if your LFO goes above 95% it may still bypass the wah block for a sec if your LFO rate is slow enough so you may need to reduce the LFO depth a little to keep that from happening or set autoengage to a medium or slow setting instead of fast.
The Src-Src2 and square type for LFO did it (it can be different for different scenes). I was tried before Run/stop with a control scene attached but wasn't working fine with sine.
Thanks everyone

Yeah if you stop the LFO with the Sine wave, it goes to the midway point of the wave, 50%.
Yeah..it does
Anyway..the preset I was trying this is attached ...for anyone who might be interested...Scene 6 is the auto wah..and on the rest of scenes wah is engaged by pedal

Attachments

• Play Around.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Phase adjustment only gives between 50% and 100% on mine while the Sine LFO is stopped. Need more than 180 degrees of shift to get to the other side of the wave. 90 degrees shift gives 100%, so it would need 270 degrees to hit 0%.

Back
Top Bottom