Wah Pedal Feature - Auto Bypass

Marcel

Inspired
I would like for the wah pedal to be configurable to automatically bypass when the pedal is no longer moving for a specific amount of time (i.e 1 second, configurable). This is similar to what the Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2 pedal can do. Currently on the AX8 you have to manually turn off the wah effect by moving the pedal to the heel or top position.

I would like for the wah pedal to be configurable to automatically bypass when the pedal is no longer moving for a specific amount of time (i.e 1 second, configurable). This is similar to what the Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2 pedal can do. Currently on the AX8 you have to manually turn off the wah effect by moving the pedal to the heel or top position.
Very familiar with the BH2 -- that was "my wah" before I went Axe-Fx. The BH2 turns off because it returns to the toe-up position. If you hold it in any other position it stays engaged. We can look at the schematic form Morley to see this is true. The part on the far left uses a light detection circuit with a pot to adjust sensitivity to decide when to bypass the effect. There's no timer in the circuit to turn it off.

Perhaps you want an expression pedal that returns to toe up position like the BH2 does to get the behaviour you're familiar with?

Back
Top Bottom