Wah Pedal Confusion

Jipps0525

Power User
I have the mission engineering kemper expression pedal set up to auto engage for toe down in my wah blocks. So the Off Value is at 95% because I want the front of the pedal to be all the way down to inactivate the Wah. I also have the reverse polarity adapter for this pedal as suggested was necessary. But for some reason, with the Off value at 95%, the pedal only disengages when heel is all the way down. Why is it getting reversed? Am I just confused with the terms or do I have something set up wrong?

Does the pedal function correctly other then the auto engage? am not familiar with that expression pedal, but sounds like you may not need the reverse adaptor, or maybe you need to invert the off value %.

I have a similar problem. I am using a Fractal EV-2 but it is connected to FM3 MIDI in with a Disaster Area MIDI Baby. I have the auto engage on the wah bypass set to 95%. It will only engage/disengage when the pedal is ~50% of its travel. No matter what I set the OFF value to, it always turns off at ~50% heel down. As a volume pedal it seems to work fine.

Last edited:
Does the pedal function correctly other then the auto engage? am not familiar with that expression pedal, but sounds like you may not need the reverse adaptor, or maybe you need to invert the off value %.
it worked the same with or without the adapter, i can definitely invert the off percentages but i'd still like to solve the issue, i just dont know what it is

I do not have an fm3 so not sure why the min and max show engaged and bypassed, if those are adjusted does it make a difference?

I'm using "Pedal 1(Exp/Sw Tip)" I think this might be your issue?

My pedal is a spring loaded mission pedal, and mission TRS cable.

Last edited:
I have a similar problem. I am using a Fractal EV-2 but it is connected to FM3 MIDI in with a Disaster Area MIDI Baby. I have the auto engage on the wah bypass set to 95%. It will only engage/disengage when the pedal is ~50% of its travel. No matter what I set the OFF value to, it always turns off at ~50% heel down. As a volume pedal it seems to work fine.
Delete the bypass modifier and enable autoenage on the "control" parameter only. A bypass modifier supersedes any autoengage settings for the block and just switches when the dot crosses 50% on the Y axis.

Delete the bypass modifier and enable autoenage on the "control" parameter only. A bypass modifier supersedes any autoengage settings for the block and just switches when the dot crosses 50% on the Y axis.
Thanks. That worked.

How do you delete the bypass modifier and how can you only set autoengage to the control parameter only?

auto-engage automatically bypasses/engages the block, so you don't need to do anything to the Bypass parameter itself.

Last edited:
Set it to “None,”

Don’t set Autoengage on anything but the Control parameter.
Not sure I understand. My wah settings are the same as the picture above, except my Source is Pedal 1 Exp/SW Tip, my Min = 0, and my Max = 10.0
My min & max don't say Bypassed & Engaged like above user's picture.

Not sure I understand. My wah settings are the same as the picture above, except my Source is Pedal 1 Exp/SW Tip, my Min = 0, and my Max = 10.0
My min & max don't say Bypassed & Engaged like above user's picture.
It shouldn’t say bypassed and engaged. That picture has the modifier on the wrong parameter as posts above explained.

Bottom right of the above picture is a button that says BYPASS. It has a modifier attached. Don't do that when you are trying to use auto-engage too. Remove the modifier on the BYPASS button and apply it only to the Control dial.

Bottom right of the above picture is a button that says BYPASS. It has a modifier attached. Don't do that when you are trying to use auto-engage too. Remove the modifier on the BYPASS button and apply it only to the Control dial.
Oh okay, I did that. Just checked and my Bypass has no source attached to it. Even still, my wah pedal still functions in reverse for some reason and Im not sure why

Thanks for this. I was wondering why my Wah started warbling above 50%. It seems that auto engage and the bypass modifier were competing with each other. No idea how this happened

Back
Top Bottom