WAH - MIX

AAEN

Experienced
Hi

I got the AX8 last year(Happyyyyyyy)

When I had the Axe FX I seem to remember someone used to setup the wah so yóu could mix it with the direct signal. And in this way improving usabillity/ sound....

I would like to do this also on the AX8. I could use a mixer, but due to the minimized CPU I suggest that a MIX function could be added to the WAH-block.

If it has already been suggested, I apologize in advance but second this suggestion.

IF it is already implemented I kindly ask if someone could tiell me where it is...

Kind regards

AAEN

What guys on the Axe side did when they wanted to do this was run the wah in parallel and use the level control as your mix. Also set bypass type is Mute so it doesn't raise your level when bypassed

What guys on the Axe side did when they wanted to do this was run the wah in parallel and use the level control as your mix. Also set bypass type is Mute so it doesn't raise your level when bypassed

That's the problem with this approach: when muting the wah it would lower the level. Instead the wah block should allow a mix and when disabled pass through the input signal.

That's the problem with this approach: when muting the wah it would lower the level. Instead the wah block should allow a mix and when disabled pass through the input signal.
If you take the time to set it up correctly there won't be an issue. using a parallel line typically raises level. That is why mute type is important so when the parallel line is not used it doesn't increase level. @Scott Peterson might have been the first guy to do this in the Axe many years ago. It is fine to want a mix option in wah and Fas might add it one day but if someone needs it now wah in parallel is the way to go

If you take the time to set it up correctly there won't be an issue. using a parallel line typically raises level. That is why mute type is important so when the parallel line is not used it doesn't increase level. @Scott Peterson might have been the first guy to do this in the Axe many years ago. It is fine to want a mix option in wah and Fas might add it one day but if someone needs it now wah in parallel is the way to go

If I get it right then this would require a wah and a volume block being run in parallel with e.g. a scene controller controlling the two blocks output level so that the overall signal level stays the same.

I see @Admin M@ liked this so maybe he or @Scott Peterson can chime in. I could not find Scott's old thread but I believe there is no vol block needed. If I recall you just put wah in parallel. Set bypass to mute and use the wah level to "mix" in as much was signal as you want

Back
Top Bottom