Wah issues in axe edit 3.10

Anthony76

Inspired
Hi guys can anyone help me out. After updating to quantum 6 and axe edit 3.10 in axe edit every time I click on my wah block to engage it a dialogue box opens saying

"a modifier attached to bypass mode is preventing you from manually engaging or bypassing this block. To toggle the block use the assigned controller, then choose refresh preset from the preset menu to update axe edit"

I do all this and it keeps doing the same thing.Any one point me in the right direction to fix this

Cheers
Anthony

Remove the modifier. You likely have a modifier assigned to the Control parameter of the Wah block. You can tell when modifiers are assigned to parameters in effects blocks because they have a little, yellow glowing icon on the parameter like in this screen shot:

Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 6.27.57 PM.png

To remove the modifier, right click on the yellow icon in the middle of the parameter to get the modifier edit window:

Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 6.27.59 PM.png

And for Source set it to None.

Do I then do the preset refresh and then re add controller? The pedal still engages/disengages the wah block but since updating axe edit can't.

Cheers
Ant

Here you go, never had any issues before, its always worked properly after updates. So not sure why its happening now.

Attachments

• Main Rock.csv
    19.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Main Rock.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
When a bypass modifier is assigned you can't engage/bypass via Axe-Edit. You need to use the assigned source (Ext Ctrl 1) to toggle the block.

If you enable PC Reset on the bypass modifier it's possible to toggle via front panel if the Ext Ctrl hasn't taken over (sent a new value while on this preset). I can't remember if older versions of Axe-Edit could also toggle the block in that scenario. That might be what you're remembering but in any case, it doesn't work that way anymore.

Oh well doesn't matter as long as the pedal activates/deactivates wah block thats all I need for use while playing. Would be handy not having to go to the pedal board, or have it hooked up when programming.

Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom