Wah in my preset turns on by itself

To all of the FX-8 users in here, I have a problem. I'm using my FX-8 MKII at rehearsals and the wah triggers itself on when I activate a preset that has a wah sound included in it. I end up having to either turn the FX-8 on/off during a rehearsal & show or I have to unplug the stereo cable going to the expression controller (Roland FC-100 volume pedal). What I can do to fix my problem?

To all of the FX-8 users in here, I have a problem. I'm using my FX-8 MKII at rehearsals and the wah triggers itself on when I activate a preset that has a wah sound included in it. I end up having to either turn the FX-8 on/off during a rehearsal & show or I have to unplug the stereo cable going to the expression controller (Roland FC-100 volume pedal). What I can do to fix my problem?
Change the auto-engage “off” value or delete the wah.

I still would like to use the wah sound on the fly without having to activate it with a footswitch on the FX-8 though by moving my expression controller for the sweep.

I still would like to use the wah sound on the fly without having to activate it with a footswitch on the FX-8 though by moving my expression controller for the sweep.
It’s probably turning on because of where your pedal is parked at the moment you change presets.

Change the Off value in the Auto-Engage screen to match where you want to park your pedal normally. Heel down 5% or Toe down 95%.

Thanks for your advice. I ended up going into the Setup menu> I/O menu> Pedal menu>Pedal 1 calibrate menu. I calibrated the range of my expression controller since it was showing 0.1 on the screen. The expression controller has been recalibrated and is working properly now.

Back
Top Bottom