Wah help

Robpags

i need help getting a comfortable wah setup. I'm using the crybaby wah sim w/ the fractal expression pedal. The sweep of the wah seems to do nothing until the toe is about 75% down, then it opens quickly. I'm looking for a way to set it up so it acts like a true wah w/ a broad sweep. Please help.

Have you calibrated the pedal and checked if the modifier dot moves evenly throughout the pedal's travel? If everything seems to work fine you could adjust the wah freq. range so what you hear from 75% up now ends up being mapped to the full pedal travel.

i need help getting a comfortable wah setup. I'm using the crybaby wah sim w/ the fractal expression pedal. The sweep of the wah seems to do nothing until the toe is about 75% down, then it opens quickly. I'm looking for a way to set it up so it acts like a true wah w/ a broad sweep. Please help.
what model pedal is it?

Have you calibrated the pedal and checked if the modifier dot moves evenly throughout the pedal's travel? If everything seems to work fine you could adjust the wah freq. range so what you hear from 75% up now ends up being mapped to the full pedal travel.
Yes, I actually used cooper carters setup YouTube video. It still seems weak.

the instructions in Cooper's video are a bit inaccurate when it comes to the MFC-101. you don't calibrate on the Axe-Fx.

here's my older video regarding expression pedals. i suggest watching it for a good overview that will help you going forward:

http://axefxtutorials.com/2012/07/how-do-i-setup-expression-pedals-with-the-mfc-101/

also realize that the feel of the EV1 is not the same as a wah pedal either. it travels a longer distance so it won't be exactly like a dunlop physical pedal.

but i think your pedal isn't calibrated at all yet. you're on the right track, just had some misleading instruction re: MFC-101.

Back
Top Bottom