Wah distorts clean presets

rayneman

I use a John Petrucci wah with my AX8 as I really dig it. I’ve never had the need to use it with a clean tune until now, however it overdrives the crap out of my clean presets.

I use a CAE preamp based clean tone and it’s a clean as can be until I turn on the wah.

Is there a way to keep this from happening?

Thanks!

The JP95 has a boost pot inside... With my CBFH Dime Wah, playing the clean channel of a Peavey JSX with the boost engaged was imposible, so I'm positive you're facing the exact same issue.

Unlike the CBFH, you can't turn off the JP95's boost via a mini switch on the side of the pedal (the only feature I miss the most on the JP wah), so you have to decrease the boost gain with the pot on the inside.

The JP95 has a boost pot inside... With my CBFH Dime Wah, playing the clean channel of a Peavey JSX with the boost engaged was imposible, so I'm positive you're facing the exact same issue.

Unlike the CBFH, you can't turn off the JP95's boost via a mini switch on the side of the pedal (the only feature I miss the most on the JP wah), so you have to decrease the boost gain with the pot on the inside.

Wow. I didn’t know this...thanks for the info, I figured something had to be going on. Hopefully reducing the boost won’t have too much of a detrimental effect on the distorted wah tone which I think is fantastic.

One of the cool advantages of using the Wah models is that you can attach a scene controller to the 'Level' parameter of the Wah block to have different gain levels per scene when the Wah is activated. Assuming that you could tweak one of the models to meet your needs?

Back
Top Bottom