Wah Default State

MikeD

Inspired
Hi all,

I think I am having a senior's moment with the following:

I have a wah in a preset and it is auto engaged and controlled by Ext 2. Everything working fine. I want to be able to have it's default state as 'off' (bypassed) when I do not have an expression pedal connected to Ext2. I I have the Initial value of the Ext2 as 0. I also do not have a footswitch assigned to the wah as I auto-engage it with the expression pedal.

When I have no pedal connected I save the wah state as 'off' in the preset but when the preset is recalled it is on. Looking for the case if I don't bring a pedal that I can still use the preset with the wah off.

Can anybody point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

The Init Value settings are for MIDI input only, not on-board pedal jacks. If a pedal is not connected, the Pedal value is set to 100% (toe down). There is no adjustment for that specifically at this time.

You might have to change your auto engage value to 95% rather that 5%, unless you're using a spring loaded pedal where that wouldn't work out.

Hi Chris. Thx for your reply, I can stop looking for that default setting !

Will try your suggestion and see if I can get used to it. Could create duplicate presets without the wah block as a work around too.

Update: I have some workarounds but the ideal solution would be if the expression pedal assigned to the wah could operate same as the expression I use as a volume (as in behaviour when absent). Think I will put in a wish request.

Last edited:
I had this same issue.
As a solution, I had to go to each snapshot in the scene and rock the wah to the off position and then save. I think that helped. Sucks to have cocked wah sound on every patch and doa tap dance scramble to get it off

Back
Top Bottom