Wah creaking (making strange noise)?

glombi

Inspired
Hi,

I'm setting up my AX8 rig and face some potential problem with the wah block. I connected an BOSS FV500H as expression pedal and calibrated it. The wah is working, but I hear a strange kind of "creak" (sorry, not a native speaker), when operation the wah. I don't know this from my analogue wah pedal. It happens with different wah models. I linked two sound samples (Cry Baby) with input noise gate at -100 and -80dB. I used the "Double Verb" preset and operated the pedal all the time, shortly after strumming the chord, the effect can be heard best. Am I having an issue with my expression pedal (no noise when connecting it to a volume block), is it my setting, or is it regular wah behavior, I just didn't hear before?

(Sorry, just registered at Sound Cloud, it seems to cut the fading part of my short recording?)

Thanks for any hint.

Regards,
Michael

I hear the filter opening and closing. There's some noise in your signal, the stuff that you see before you strum the chord, that's slightly apparent after you strum the chord. It sounds very normal for a close-mic'ed, wah guitar sound.

Just wanted to give an update.

The noise was also very present, when i controlled the global input volume via expression pedal. It was even heard more clearly. I contacted g66.eu and they recommend to test the wah with an LFO connected to the wah control. The noise was still there, even with all pedals and unnecessary lines disconnected, so the pedal is out of the equation. g66.eu already sent an replacement AX8 today - absolutely great service! I will give an update, when the new unit has arrived and I had time to test it.

Back
Top Bottom