Wah control question

frankiev

Experienced
I was playing thru the presets yesterday and realized theres a wah in every preset . I dont see anyway to turn it on and off on the MFC . Is it something I need to program ? Also I noticed if I used axe edit to turn on the wah I could no longer turn it off and if I changed presets the wah stayed on . I had to shut off the unit to turn off the wah Im assuming thats due to axe edit .

You can probably scroll over the wah block on the front panel and hit fx bypass to un-bypass it but it will just be parked at a fixed position. You need a pedal to sweep it through its range.

Yes, you'll need to use a controller of some sort, usually an expressive pedal. It is a widely controllable wah, and was included in most of the amp presets as a basic staple of the guitarist's pedal board. You can also control it with an LFO (included in the controllers section) if you just want a repetitive and linear wah-wah-wah sound.

Some guitarists love using a wah pedal and setting it to one place in the sweep for a more midrangey tone and just leave it there. You can also approximate that here.

There's a lot in the manual and the Wiki about it, including how to connect and calibrate your expression pedal. Good reading!

Back
Top Bottom