Wah bypass?

weet335

I have a Fractal EV-2 pedal connected & configured to control WAH blocks. And on my FM3, I have one of the foot switches configured to BYPASS the Wah 1 block which is present in some of my presets . . . for example, factory preset 004 DOUBLE VERB. However, I can NOT bypass this Wah block with neither the foot switch on the FM3 or manually in the FM3-edit. PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance!

That doesn’t make sense to me; the expression pedal should be set to an external controller, and within the wah block, it should be set to automatically engage by being attached to a modifier (attached to that external controller). In other words, unless I’m mistaken, you can’t make the pedal control the wah bypass AND have a foot switch turn it on and off. Perhaps someone with more experience can chime in, but that seems unworkable.

Are you using Autoengage? If so, the expression pedal determines whether the effect will be bypassed or engaged.

Last edited:
In response to Ugly Bunny, the pedal DOES control the wah . . . ALL THE TIME! I can't turn it off unless I delete the wah block. In response to Rex . . . I don't think I have auto engage ON. But, how can I check . . . I'm new to Fractal . . . forgive me, I'm just trying to learn as a situation arises.

If you’re using a factory preset with a wah, you’re almost certainly using Autoengage. If you rock the pedal all the way to heel-down and leave it there, the Wah will Bypass itself.

1669667650612.png

The AutoEngage was on. Now it’s off and the wah block can be bypassed with my FM3 foot switch, which was set up a few weeks ago! Everything is “groovy!” Thanks from a beginner!

You're welcome. Over time, you might find that you actually prefer Auto-Engage. Then you never have to mess with a separate switch.
Indeed. Auto engage is wonderful. I have a handful of Crybabies and then one day I found the Bad Horsie II with the auto engage. It was a game changer. Now, I ONLY use auto engage for the presets where I use wah. I could see it not being that useful if, for instance, you use the volume pedal for swells and stuff, but even then; a wah turning on abruptly fully cocked is not very pleasant, IMO.

Last edited:
The AutoEngage was on. Now it’s off and the wah block can be bypassed with my FM3 foot switch, which was set up a few weeks ago! Everything is “groovy!” Thanks from a beginner!
Can you explain what you mean in the highlighted text? The wah block gets bypassed when you put the expression pedal in heeldown position when Auto-Engage is on; there's no need for a switch to do this.

Can you explain what you mean in the highlighted text? The wah block gets bypassed when you put the expression pedal in heeldown position when Auto-Engage is on; there's no need for a switch to do this.
He turned off Auto-Engage so he could use a separate footswitch to bypass the Wah. That's his comfort zone.

He turned off Auto-Engage so he could use a separate footswitch to bypass the Wah. That's his comfort zone.
Ah, I get the "comfort zone" thing. I've got a Mission SP-1 expression pedal that also has a switch, so it's like an old school wah.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom