Wah Block Activates By Itself

Sean Ashe

Power User
Earlier today I was practicing w/ my Axe FX II, loaded up a patch that had a wah block in it (But not activated or set to use with my expression pedal) and suddenly I noticed my sound got really weird. I look at the Axe FX and a wah block activated itself. None of the pedals were active and I was no where near my foot controller.

I recall that same sound happening when I first loaded up 7.0 (official release, not beta) but I thought that maybe it was just a glitch because I had axe-edit open at the time. I don't know if I can call this a bug but I thought that it was a good place to put this.

Strange, I have this problem also with all my v7 Presets????
They all have a Wah in them, Not activated, but they are all set up to use my Exp Pedal and a Medium Auto-Engage???
Even if they are not activated after a few seconds my sounds go strange....
I have to go into the Wah Block, switch off the Auto-Engage parameter, then Activate/De-Activate the Wah Block and then everything is ok....

Do I have to do this for every single Preset I have, I only went through about 15-20 of them so far and they were all like that!??

Same situation here. So far I did not find any global solution that would fix all the presets. I,deal,with the issue preset per preset .

Ok my situation is similar. Many of my patches have two wahs. One uses the expression pedal, the other is a MFC footswitched wah that uses the envelope controller it. If I'm playing as I switch patches the envelope following wah will engage, but if I'm silent when I switch patches the wah does not engage. The wah controller is not set to autoengage.

Anybody have these symptoms where playing during the patch change activates an effect?

Back
Top Bottom