Wah Auto-engage Question

claxor

Power User
I use the wah block with auto-engage, paired with a Mission EP-1 with spring load. While it works great, the size of the Mission EP-1 is big and heavy, and I'm thinking about using a small expression pedal (I don't use a lot of wah anyway)

Question: wah block auto-engage setting with a regular (no-spring) expression pedal. How would it perform? Is the wah silent until you rock the pedal, and does the wah only stop when the expression pedal returns to heel position? Is this the ideal setup for quickly using the wah, and quickly getting the wah out of the signal chain?

Thanks!

Question: wah block auto-engage setting with a regular (no-spring) expression pedal. How would it perform? Is the wah silent until you rock the pedal, and does the wah only stop when the expression pedal returns to heel position? Is this the ideal setup for quickly using the wah, and quickly getting the wah out of the signal chain?
It performs the same way the EP-1 with spring performs: rock it and it turns on. Put it toe-up and it turns off. The sprint in the EP-1 doesn't control how fast or slow the wah auto-engages. You control that with the auto-engage settings in the controller settings view on the II.

So, really, I just have to remember to place the pedal in the heel-down position to remove the wah sound.

So, really, I just have to remember to place the pedal in the heel-down position to remove the wah sound.
Yes. Or if you prefer you can change the auto-engage settings on the II to turn off in the toe-down position in stead of the toe-up position. Dealers choice.

Back
Top Bottom