Wish VU Meters on Axe-Edit

the tuner sysex has the note, string and cents for the tuning and is 10 bytes. For the vumeter only the level is required on 1 byte, so 8 bytes for the sysex.
at the same rate (20 messages/s) it should be about 160 bytes/s, of course sent only when a button is activated like the tuner...
What is the rate required to maintain vu response and ballistics?

Hi all,

It would be great to have the fantastic VU meters shown on the AXE panel on the Axe-Edit interface, this way one could do preset leveling with the axe-fx meters without having to step toward the axe while in the studio or while tweaking from axe-edit.

Thanks!
Yes. I asked for this ages ago....

This would be a fantastic feature. It would save me a lot of time from going back and forth between my Axe-FX and Axe-Edit.

Even better would be an auto volume leveler to run on a batch of presets and all included scenes. Volume leveling is a pain in my butt. Would love to just record a loop of me thrashing about on my guitar and then use that as a reference point for automatic volume normalization and setting unity gain on all FX blocks. Don't know how feasible this is, but this is the "wish list" forum :p

In Axe Edit would be awesome, but even if you could get the meters to come on up on the AxeFX via Axe Edit would be a tremendous help. Especially cause a lot of times, (for me, & I'd imagine a lot of other people as well) are editing thru Axe Edit which the PC is positioned in the ideal location sonically, but the AxeFX unit is off to the side or somewhere that's not in your speakers/cabs sonic sweet spot, so to make the fine level tuning adjustments based on what you hear by ear vs just the visual meter a bit more of a daunting task.

Yep this would be a great thing to have. It would be cool if my VU meters would also stay up on the Axe when I move to a new preset while I'm leveling. Having to also re hit the utility gets old when your leveling a bunch of presets.

the tuner sysex has the note, string and cents for the tuning and is 10 bytes. For the vumeter only the level is required on 1 byte, so 8 bytes for the sysex.
at the same rate (20 messages/s) it should be about 160 bytes/s, of course sent only when a button is activated like the tuner...
+1

Don't forget it's L/R so 2 bytes. I think they could use the same model they use for sending modifiers and controllers for when you want the vu meter, i think it's sent every 100ms or 10 per second which would be more than enough to have a simple VU meter

Back
Top Bottom