Wish VU Meters in AXE-EDIT

Has there been any response from fractal to this wish? Any options to create this?
Yes. The issue is the data rate. A true VU meter (like the Fractal one) requires fast and frequent data transfer to give you the detail and ballistics of a VU meter that's in sync with your playing.

That´s extactly what I thought and feared - the data transfer. But it would be enough to play just a chord and two one or two seconds - better than nothing.

As a workaround you can use the VU meters in your DAW or a plugin to monitor the audio output from the Axe II. Reference the front panel VU meter to see where the 0 dB reference line is for preset levels and make a note of where that corresponds on the dBFS scale used in the DAW. I think it's at around -12 dBFS, but can't remember for sure off the top of my head.

As a workaround you can use the VU meters in your DAW or a plugin to monitor the audio output from the Axe II. Reference the front panel VU meter to see where the 0 dB reference line is for preset levels and make a note of where that corresponds on the dBFS scale used in the DAW. I think it's at around -12 dBFS, but can't remember for sure off the top of my head.

I don’t have or use a DAW, or have any real use for one. Really it’d be fine just to have the VU meters sticky and available to view on the front panel.

Back
Top Bottom