VU METERS ANYONE?

NEED METERS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stratos

Inspired
Meter Bridge.jpg

This is from a post last year. The need for seeing your "relative" OUTPUTS has come up again.
I would entertain the possiblity of custom builds if I receive enough inquiries.
My configuration (above) is for a SS rack enclosure. Meters, power supply, enclosure and hardware for the above setup ran about $100.00 (my cost)
Stand-alone enclosures could be made to order, depending on how your rig is set up.
There are older analog meters on the surplus market, and the newer LED and BARGRAPH versions available.
Cosy would vary (obviously)
Of course, I need to make a little jingle on em'
Post here if interested...just fishing.

I would be interested. [You could add poll to the thread]

How about a LED version? It would look good on stage ;)

I would be interested. [You could add poll to the thread]

How about a LED version? It would look good on stage ;)
Thanks Levi..good suggestion.
Sure LED's are probably even less expensive.
DAK makes a LARGE 19" rack VU for 50 bux.
It even has an AC power strip on the back!
3275_LEDVUmeterMain1024.jpg

DAK makes a LARGE 19" rack VU for 50 bux.
3275_LEDVUmeterMain1024.jpg

Amazon reviews for the DAK, before someone buys it:

- "Beware this unit is taller than 1u which is a standard of 1.75 inch. The Gli Pro is just over 2 inches tall. I have a 2u SKB rack bag ordered and was going to mount this with one more device. We shall see if the unit fits in a few days. I really doubt that it will. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rack_unit"

- "I just recieved the unit plug it in, turned it on and it's bright but it's not accurate like the AMERICAN AUDIO. So I'm returning it! Very dissapointed!"

Amazon reviews for the DAK, before someone buys it:

- "Beware this unit is taller than 1u which is a standard of 1.75 inch. The Gli Pro is just over 2 inches tall. I have a 2u SKB rack bag ordered and was going to mount this with one more device. We shall see if the unit fits in a few days. I really doubt that it will. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rack_unit"

- "I just recieved the unit plug it in, turned it on and it's bright but it's not accurate like the AMERICAN AUDIO. So I'm returning it! Very dissapointed!"

I like the JLM kit. Check out this video. It's ACCURATE, but quite exspensive.
JLM AUDIO VUPPMGR40 Ver 1.0.MPG - YouTube

Kit also has a S/PDIF input

3 RU height if stacked...i RU if side by side

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom