Wish VU Meters - 2 wishes in one-Either will do fine-Pu-leeese

Stratman68

Axe-Master
1. The VU meters, that "settings button" in Axe Edit-Please take me to VU meters for leveling
2. PUT the VU meters in Axe Edit for preset leveling

I really don't see why #1 is so difficult. It really is an essential :Missing feature" in the Ax8. We get these great VU meters for leveling but have to bend down or whatever to access them. Should be accessed thru Axe edit (most folks level I believe with Axe edit and not at a gig.

I do use the VU meters in my DAW for that purpose but I understand the request for people who can't or don't want to use a DAW.

@ChristThePhone , maybe it's a silly question, but how do you use your DAW to level the presets?? yo open a new track, put the AX8 in the input, and you are ready to go? i use Logic. thank you!

There are many work arounds, but I think being able to access the the VU meters in the AX8 are the obvious best solution. Just my opinion.

Agreed, there are also several othero(mostly gain reduction) meters on the unit, where it would be great to be able to force the unit to go to the right screen from AX8 edit

Agree that meters in AX8 edit (with peak hold if real-time response is not realistic) would be great for building/tweaking presets.

Edit: Of course, I forgot to mention how valuable meters are to me when adjusting compression. Love to see how much gain reduction I'm getting, with visual feedback for setting threshold.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom