Implemented VU meter for levelling between presets (Axe-Fx II style)

Megahertzz

Inspired
So, I've been with the Axe FX II for almost 5 years, and I kinda felt like cheating on my wife with a younger, better looking woman when I got the Axe FX III. Aside from the feeling of guilt and shame, I can't seem to find the right buttons to push, so to speak. I'll end the wife/Axe FX comparisons here.

The thing is, the horizontal VU meter in the Utility menu was a real time saver when it came to adjusting preset levels relative to each other, and relative to unity gain (possibly using the wrong term here). The possibility of using the A and B knobs to adjust amp block level while watching the VU meter made it very easy to go through multiple presets in no time.

So, what I would like to see in the Axe FX III, is av large VU meter for precise level adjustment, turning A and B knobs adjusts amp block 1 and 2 output levels, pushing A and B knobs clicks through A, B, C, D states of their assigned amp blocks, and turning the main knob scrolls through presets without exiting the preset levelling menu.

this already exists.

go to the Layout grid on the hardware.
press the Zoom button under the screen.

at the top you have Output 1 VU and Output 2 VU.

Nav to the Amp block you want to adjust right in the Grid and turn the Level knob under the screen.

this already exists.

go to the Layout grid on the hardware.
press the Zoom button under the screen.

at the top you have Output 1 VU and Output 2 VU.

Nav to the Amp block you want to adjust right in the Grid and turn the Level knob under the screen.

This is a lot more tedious than on the Axe FX II, especially if you're using two amp blocks. I really hope we're getting a separate preset levelling menu on the III with separate dedicated to each amp block and quick levelling of the different channels on each block.

Preset leveling in the Axe FX II was zero clicks, plus if you use more than just channel A in each amp block, it's a lot more than 3 clicks.

I still don’t understand what’s desired here. You can change the volume of a different channel anyway. You need to be on the channel to hear it to change it.

Back
Top Bottom