Vox ac30 tb 9.02

fisioaura

Inspired
Hey guys, I might be wrong but a I feel this amp too gainy compared to previous firmwares... I thought that the speaker comp default setting was 3 not 0....wasn't It?

Speaker comp won't change the gain of the amp. If you do a hard reset, double click bypass while you are in edit mode for the amp, that will default it to 3. Otherwise, it stays at what ever setting it was before.

There were some wrong defaults in the Class A models according to Cliff....

Depending on what firmware you came from that could be the issue

AC-30 TB - 'Transformer Drive' should be at '0.90'
AC-30 TB - 'Harmonics' should be at '0.51'

Last edited:
Speaker comp won't change the gain of the amp. If you do a hard reset, double click bypass while you are in edit mode for the amp, that will default it to 3. Otherwise, it stays at what ever setting it was before.
Shit! I thought that de-select /re-select was enough to reset the default settings!!! At least for some parameters is enough...

Hey guys, I might be wrong but a I feel this amp too gainy compared to previous firmwares...
I feel it too, compared to v8... I like the overdrive, but for cleaner sound I had to tweak down the drive a little. I like a bit of speaker compress, around 1.

I suppose it has to do with the lower harmonics value.. higher values clean it up, it used to default to 0.76, now it defaults at 0.51

Back
Top Bottom