Vox AC30 Far Field IRs

antcarrier

Power User
Hello people,

It has been a while! I haven't been in a position to capture any IRs recently as about a year ago I relocated across the country to work as a paramedic, and left most of my gear behind. Before this happened I did one last big shoot to keep me going for a bit, and got some results I'm really happy with, and are what I think are my best results so far.

Here are 2 reflection free far field IRs of a 1980s UK Vox AC30 with Celestion Blues. They sound like this:

I am very sleepy in this video, just had an all nighter!

I have also attached the preset used in the clip. It uses both IRs hard-panned left and right (not something I always do, but felt like it today). Amp model is the AC30TB.

'Vox AC30 blues 1' is a bit fuller and fatter sounding, slightly more mellow, while 'Vox AC30 blues 2' is brighter.

I won't be in a position to make more IRs for a while, but hopefully some day in the near future I'll be able to get back into it.

Anyway I hope someone can make good use of these. I've certainly been having fun using them for my own recordings.

TTFN!

Nice IR's, nice guitar (Vigier are great !!!), and nice playing.

Nice :D

Cheers mate! Vigier make the best necks ever, love mine, do you play one also? I think the perfect guitar would be a PRS body with a Vigier set neck :)

Last edited:
I don't play one myself, but as a french guy I have already heard a lot of good things about these Vigiers guitars.
They are for sure high end guitars.

Hello people,

It has been a while! I haven't been in a position to capture any IRs recently as about a year ago I relocated across the country to work as a paramedic, and left most of my gear behind. Before this happened I did one last big shoot to keep me going for a bit, and got some results I'm really happy with, and are what I think are my best results so far.

Here are 2 reflection free far field IRs of a 1980s UK Vox AC30 with Celestion Blues. They sound like this:

I am very sleepy in this video, just had an all nighter!

I have also attached the preset used in the clip. It uses both IRs hard-panned left and right (not something I always do, but felt like it today). Amp model is the AC30TB.

'Vox AC30 blues 1' is a bit fuller and fatter sounding, slightly more mellow, while 'Vox AC30 blues 2' is brighter.

I won't be in a position to make more IRs for a while, but hopefully some day in the near future I'll be able to get back into it.

Anyway I hope someone can make good use of these. I've certainly been having fun using them for my own recordings.

TTFN!

are these still avail
?

Thanks.
That isn't the reason, but back then there never used to be a shitstorm every time someone mentioned the FFIR word. I've given up reading most of the recent threads about FFIRs because they are draining to read.
I'm still considering creating an IR pack in the future but its not exactly a priority at the moment. I've got an album to finish recording first, and maybe by the time that is finished the dust will have settled.

Maybe I came late, but by the time I heard of them, there was always a lot of disagreement about their usefulness. They've never been a mass appeal thing.

I hope you do get around to a real release of them some day, and that you'll leave word here if you do; I'm not around TGP much any more.

Good luck with your album too :)

Back
Top Bottom