VooDoo Labs GCPro and Axe-Fx Scenes

Agreed... I've been meaning to make a video of how to do it with the Axe III - life keeps getting in the way. I might try this weekend. slightly limited audience, but I'll tell ya, I scoured the internet and YouTube and the voodoo lab forums - I could find nothing, other than this thread (and related info for the Axe II). My guess is that it was a great solution during the prominence of the Axe II, but given the amount of time that has gone by, most people have probably upgraded their gear and/or moved on to a "newer" midi solution (I think voodoo has even stopped any further development on the GCP, focusing its efforts on developing an entirely new board - that's what I've heard through their forum, but can't swear to it).

I'm much more of a visual learner and as far as I can tell, there's no video out there that shows how to do this. It's a shame, because the GCP is a great unit, especially for the price; and once I figured this out, it's value to me shot up immensely. Hopefully a vid like this would be useful to a lot of other people and keep them from discounting an otherwise perfectly usable solution.
Yeah, this thread IS the ultimate when it comes to information on this setup. Totally agree with you here, i too have searched and searched and there are no videos to lay out this set up. There is the one that's been continually referenced in this thread and it is helpful, but doesn't show the steps necessary for the set up.
I'm with you as far as, "lack of time" i haven't had a chance to put a video together yet either. I did get it set up and found 3 different ways to use the GCP for control on the AXE 3!!
i have notes for these processes so hopefully soon i can put a setup video together. Its actually a lot simpler a process than what is described :)

Back
Top Bottom