Voodoo Lab - Ground Control Pro

wcfieldskx

Power User
Does anyone use this specific controller? I have a FCB1010 and was thinking about upgrading to this. Any comments/feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

GCP is an excellent controller, especially if the MFC is out of your budget. It's easy to program, once you read up and get the hang of it. PM me with any questions, I just recently reprogrammed my friend's and my own actually.

FWIW, I'll one day upgrade to the MFC b/c it's much more integrated and designed specifically for the AxeFX.

EDIT: I'd choose the GCP over the FCB1010 any day. It's build like a tank.

For me, nothing beats this for ~$300!

[FCB8N] Programmable MIDI Foot Controller

The switches on GCP are not real mechanical switches like you would see on stompboxes, they have spring underneath the switch which triggers an electronic tactile switch!

The only drawback that I can think of Peak2005 midi controller is that the switch spacing is not as wide as GCP.

I thought my GCP was very good for the $$$. Took a long time to set up though. I like my MFC much better for ease of use. Plus, it is much more user supported.

I use one, but I 'm going to an MFC as soon as I get an email link to order. Mine will be for sale. It's a solid unit for sure, but lacks the flexibility to take full advantage of the Axe FX.

I use the GCP and I really like it. Sure it could do more but it does a lot for a small price (on the used market) and is very well built. I used it with an Axe Ultra with no issues and now I use it with 2 GSP 1101's. The bottom row of buttons select presets on both GSP's, the middle row is IA's for one GSP, and the top row is IA's for the other GSP. I have 2 Mission exp. pedals connected and everything works perfectly. It's really a bulletproof setup.

The Peak controller posted above looks good but having only one exp. pedal jack and no display for preset names would be a deal breaker for me.

Back
Top Bottom