AFIII "Voodoo Child" Blues Shred with Patch Included!

Super cool - also wondering about the recording as it does sound 'live' - meaning not into a DAW - which IMO makes it rock even more. If it IS into a DAW, I wanna know how you got that sound! :) Rippin!

Hi all

for anyone who asked , indeed this is not direct, I am using a friedman FRFR ASM-12 speaker , and sound is recorded from the Canon M50 camera microphone. (for these short noodles ,most of the time i'm too lazy to go direct, since I have to synch audio / video after and record in DAW.)

I have also made a small video with the same effect (minus the fuzz pedal, so less drive) , but this time using a Rode VideoMiC Pro+ microphone into the canon cam.

here it is

Hi all

for anyone who asked , indeed this is not direct, I am using a friedman FRFR ASM-12 speaker , and sound is recorded from the Canon M50 camera microphone. (for these short noodles ,most of the time i'm too lazy to go direct, since I have to synch audio / video after and record in DAW.)

I have also made a small video with the same effect (minus the fuzz pedal, so less drive) , but this time using a Rode VideoMiC Pro+ microphone into the canon cam.

here it is

Awesome David love your playing. And thanks for the blues picking videos I needed that absolutely the coolest.
Our radio station plays all old school blues like this every Sunday. And I’m in the garage playing trying to learn more. So I have a question what are the tunings that were used in these old blues tunes.
I know they used open tunings but what was I guess the most used tuning?
Thanks for taking the time to post this great music and style.

Awesome David love your playing. And thanks for the blues picking videos I needed that absolutely the coolest.
Our radio station plays all old school blues like this every Sunday. And I’m in the garage playing trying to learn more. So I have a question what are the tunings that were used in these old blues tunes.
I know they used open tunings but what was I guess the most used tuning?
Thanks for taking the time to post this great music and style.
thanks mate, as far as I know the old blues stuff is standard tuning, other than slide stuff.. albert collins used to play with a capo on high frets .
me personally i was never good in alternate tuning and i cant play the slide. so i stick with standard stuff:)

Nice - Where do you stash your pick when you switch to fingerpicking and how do you keep it there?
put it on my hand as opposed to griping it with the inside of the fingers like some players do.. when i play those fast fingerpicking licks i only use 2 fingers most of the time so i can still hold the pick inside my hand

thanks mate, as far as I know the old blues stuff is standard tuning, other than slide stuff.. albert collins used to play with a capo on high frets .
me personally i was never good in alternate tuning and i cant play the slide. so i stick with standard stuff:)

Hey Thanks David. The sound is so cool with the old blues stuff I really dig it. I love Albert Collins an BB King loved it when they played Stormy Monday.
i didn’t know Albert would capo up like that. That would explain why I never could get that sound. I’m not good with a slide also.
Well I’ll keep practicing love your style Thanks:)

Great sound - I downloaded your patch and tried it with my Tele... just screamed feedback and sounded over compressed and mushy ... not even remotely similar to your vid... such a shame...😕....thanks anyway.
try playing with the gain/output gain. your pickups are probably hotter than mine

Great sound - I downloaded your patch and tried it with my Tele... just screamed feedback and sounded over compressed and mushy ... not even remotely similar to your vid... such a shame...😕....thanks anyway.

I had a similar result as you until I bypassed the drive (which I think was a fuzz?) and it really sounded a lot closer.
Also remember the tone you hear in the video is coming through a Friedman FRFR cab, not direct, so this does change the result as you are hearing more an ‘in the room’ sound.

hi everyone...I dont get any sound after loading the preset in my axe3. Does anyone know why is that so? Thanks v much.

Back
Top Bottom