vondano awesome FAS modern song! chek it out!

vondano

Inspired
SoundClick artist: vondano - having fun recording at home some stuff that'll end up to be "Elliptic" material...

hey guys!

I think this one is my best one (production wise)

FAS modern, double track, with my shecter 8 strings with 808 pickups (not my favorite guitar but I broke a string on my Ibanez UV... yeah i'm THAT lazy... i prefer doing a 3 minutes technical song and a full mix instead of changing a damn string on a edge bridge...)

the start of that song was my poll about the FAS modern or the recto sound... i went with FAS but modified it a bit

there is quite à lot of post-prod, (à bit of eq, compressor and limiter on master and bus, those kind of things)

now I got some questions:

1) how's the guitar sounds? too much mids? low end? too brittle?
2) do the drums sound real?
3) hows the general low end? that part to many is the tough part... not having 12 000$ of monitoring gear, I listen to this on my Mackie MR8 and ATH-M50 only
4) do you like the song?

thanx for taking time to chek this out!

ps. btw, I play with no pick, so some part may not be Uber-tight, but this is a song I wrote this week so I did not get much time to practice this! thanx for being forgivefull ;-)

1) Guitar sounds awesome
2) They sound real to me
3) Low end sits well on my monitors
4) Love the song

I can't believe you don't use a pick, that rhythm sound is tight and punchy, i wouldn't think that sort of attack would be achievable without a pick...wow.

thanx a lot guys!

I find it's always hard to nail the low end of the mix and the guitar...clearing the guitar low makes the kick and bass come alive but also reduce the balls size... I try to find balace between guitar balls and mix tight low end...

That seriously kicks ass! Everything about it was phenomenal to me! What drums do you use?Superior Drummer 2.0. With the metal library?

thanx a lot man! yeah I use sd2 with metal exp.

it took me quite a while to dial in the drum tone, but now i'ts getting there.

the hardest part of this is the mixing it self i'd say... that too i'm getting better but its still not sounding like a pro album ( of course I do this in a mancave not a big studio)

finding a guitar tone is now easy thanx to cliff :) (the hard part is choosing between 10 amazing tones heheheh)

anyway thanx for the nice comments!

nico

Back
Top Bottom