Volume/Wah Expression Pedal Mission SP-1

Hey Guys,

Love my Ax8.

I am having an issue getting my Volume block to function with my expression pedal. Everything else is working but the actual function. Maybe it is something simple I am missing.

I have the Mission SP-1. 2 TRS Cables to inputs 1 and 2, wah/volume respectively. The I/O for pedal 1 for wah is set for continuous, the I/O for pedal 2 for volume is set for latch (I tried momentary and that doesn't work at all). The bypass mode for wah source is set to Extern 2 and the parameters are reversed (min on max off) so the volume won't work when the wah is engaged. The bypass mode for volume source is set for extern 2 and is normal parameters.

Wah works beautifully and shows itself working on the axedit. click the switch to volume and the volume block on axedit switches on and the wah block switches off like it should, but the pedal does not change the volume.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Do you have the switch set to turn on the volume block as well as turn off the volume block?

Yes (at least I am pretty sure) It switches to volume and then back to wah with no issue. the volume block just doesn't do its job when activated (increase/decrease) ...it stays at 10

Have you assigned a modifier to the volume block?

I did have external 2 assigned as the modifier but then I thought "external 2 is latch" so I made external 1 the modifier for the volume and the wah (continuous) and now it works as it should! Thanks everyone!

This same issue has plagued me with my SP-1. Same issues. Leon made a great video, but I still can’t get it to work. I don’t even bother with the 2nd TRS cable anymore. So frustrating! Would love some help so I can use the pedal for the reasons I bought it. Other than that, I Love this Ax8.

yeah, that is the video I used I think
This same issue has plagued me with my SP-1. Same issues. Leon made a great video, but I still can’t get it to work. I don’t even bother with the 2nd TRS cable anymore. So frustrating! Would love some help so I can use the pedal for the reasons I bought it. Other than that, I Love this Ax8.

Do everything he says except use latch on Pedal 2 and in Axedit change the Vol/Pan Block modulation to external 1 (right click the volume knob)

yes, that is on the wah pedal block. Click on the little symbol by bypass mode, change source to extern 2 and the Min dial goes all the way to the right (on) and the Max dial goes all the way to the left (off)

The sp-1 only has 1 expression port. the other is switch only. if the wah is set up as external 1 the volume will have to be also. you have to use the switch(set up as another external controller) to bypass and unbypass the wah volume blocks alternately.

Hey Guys,

Love my Ax8.

I am having an issue getting my Volume block to function with my expression pedal. Everything else is working but the actual function. Maybe it is something simple I am missing.

I have the Mission SP-1. 2 TRS Cables to inputs 1 and 2, wah/volume respectively. The I/O for pedal 1 for wah is set for continuous, the I/O for pedal 2 for volume is set for latch (I tried momentary and that doesn't work at all). The bypass mode for wah source is set to Extern 2 and the parameters are reversed (min on max off) so the volume won't work when the wah is engaged. The bypass mode for volume source is set for extern 2 and is normal parameters.

Wah works beautifully and shows itself working on the axedit. click the switch to volume and the volume block on axedit switches on and the wah block switches off like it should, but the pedal does not change the volume.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
I use continuous for both. Just reverse the control feature.

Back
Top Bottom