Bug? Volume Spike

BBN

Fractal Fanatic
This is a long shot....

But this has happened to me twice so far (in the middle of a gig) in the past 6 months, but I cannot recreate at home.

Axe FX2, MFC-101.....firmware 6.x on the Axe I believe.
I have 4 main presets I use, nothing fancy.
I jump between them all night.
Last night I just stepped on a preset switch and BOOM, my volume goes from 10 to 100, and the tone is now a clean-ish amp that is just clipping the sh*t out of my Output.
I change presets a bunch of times and it's stuck that way...preset changes, but the sound does not.
Only solution....reboot.

I can't troubleshoot because this happened (2x) in the middle of the set. It was hard enough to mute my channel in the PA and reboot my Axe (while holding a guitar and singing).
So I mess around after the set....can't recreate it.

Even if I turn on every block in the preset, or change to any scene in the preset, I can't get this volume/sound to occur.

I'm struggling as to what message my MFC is sending....or what is happening inside my Axe, that would cause this to happen?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing.
(last time this happened I uploaded a preset and nobody could find anything wrong with it).

Could a corrupt preset cause this behavior? (even though once it happens, changing presets doesn't help?).

Any thoughts or theories are appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom