Volume pedal

I am setting up global volume on the FM3, and running into a weird situation.
  • The volume is at 100 heel down, and zero toe down.
  • The volume cuts out at about 50% rock forward (vs. full 100%).
I'm totally lost, so any help would be appreciated! Pedal is Mission Engineering SP1 in Pedal 2

Thanks!

I'm totally lost, so any help would be appreciated! Pedal is Mission Engineering SP1 in Pedal 2

Thanks!

Couple of things I would check; make sure you are using a good TRS cable to connect it and have you been able to successfully calibrate the pedal?

What pedal are you using?

When you calibrate, do it slowly and watch where the pedal's position is at 0 and 100.

Also, FYI, this is midi and the full range is 0-127... Although most pedals won't get 100% (that's exactly why we calibrate).

If you are sure you have a good TRS cable (TRS being the key word) then I'd suspect your pedal is not TRS based and won't work.

My guess is you're using a TS cable...

What pedal are you using?

SP-1

When you calibrate, do it slowly and watch where the pedal's position is at 0 and 100.

Also, FYI, this is midi and the full range is 0-127... Although most pedals won't get 100% (that's exactly why we calibrate).

Good catch, I noticed that in the original post but I couldn't figure out why it was bothering me.

If you are sure you have a good TRS cable (TRS being the key word) then I'd suspect your pedal is not TRS based and won't work.

My guess is you're using a TS cable...

Yep, gotta be Tip-Ring-Sleeve not Tip-Sleeve
Responses in-line. Brings me back to the bad pot not getting full throw.

Responses in-line. Brings me back to the bad pot not getting full throw.
Oops... Totally missed that it was SP-1.

However, the calibration going from 0-100 is a good indicator its not the pot... Because it likely wouldn't even get to 100. But definitely a possibility.

Ok this has got to be a user error issue on my end. Just to make sure that I am on the right track (and to rule out a bad pot), I tried a second mission SP-1 and same got the same results (volume heel side, no volume toe side).

I should also let you all know that I have an FC-6 but to simplify things, I am plugged into the FM3

Pedal 1 - ME SP-1
Pedal 2 - ME SP-1 (Assigned to global volume).

Got to the SETUP: I/O: Pedal - > Pedal 2 - Set it to Expression Pedal

Calibrated and bingo I am toe volume and heel nothing

So last oddity...With the pedal unplugged the straight out volume of Output 1 is significantly louder than what it is with the pedal plugged in, and the the pedal still goes silent about 50% through travel back.

Is there a midi upper limit setting, or a graph somewhere that shows the travel on the pedal that I should look at?

Thanks everyone!

I just realized that your OP mentioned the pedal was full volume on heel down...

In any case, we've asked several times to confirm you have a TRS cable. Please confirm... A photo would be great.

Reactions: Rex
Ok this has got to be a user error issue on my end. Just to make sure that I am on the right track (and to rule out a bad pot), I tried a second mission SP-1 and same got the same results (volume heel side, no volume toe side).

I should also let you all know that I have an FC-6 but to simplify things, I am plugged into the FM3

Pedal 1 - ME SP-1
Pedal 2 - ME SP-1 (Assigned to global volume).

Got to the SETUP: I/O: Pedal - > Pedal 2 - Set it to Expression Pedal

Calibrated and bingo I am toe volume and heel nothing

So last oddity...With the pedal unplugged the straight out volume of Output 1 is significantly louder than what it is with the pedal plugged in, and the the pedal still goes silent about 50% through travel back.

Is there a midi upper limit setting, or a graph somewhere that shows the travel on the pedal that I should look at?

Thanks everyone!
it sounds like you're not using a TRS cable.

Thanks guys...got it fixed (sort of). Yes I am using a two TRS cables, and both of my pedals are working properly when plugged into the FM3. That said, I'm still not having any luck getting them transfered over to the FC-6.

When you calibrated, did you make sure to calibrate the FC pedal jacks and not the FM3 pedal jacks? They are different...

Thanks!
I want to contol volume on all 4 outputs with 1 control pedal. Is that possible?

Back
Top Bottom