Volume pedal vs Expression Pedal

tommyg

New AX8 user and using a boss volume pedal FV-500H between guitar and ax8 input. Just finding out that not all volume pedals are alike, it seems to work fine with passive pups, but not with new guitar that has active pups. Now hear that active pups need volume pedal with lower resistance pot value. Would using a expression pedal be better into to global control of AX8 ? Can't be switching pedals if grabbing different guitars. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

The ideal thing with the AX8 is to use a Expression pedal (e.g.: Roland EV-5) connected to the AX8 Exp Pedal Input, not a volume pedal at the guitar signal.

Reasons:
1) more flexibility (you can virtually move it to any position at the signal chain, you can also use it for wah, reverb or delay volume, etc)
2) no degradation of signal caused by more cables, connectors, potentiometer noise, impedance mismatch...

Thanks for the input and that is what I thought to be true, new user and having a problem figuring right way to do it, ( that would be input 1-4 ) ? Does that pedal input also need activated within each preset I use ?
Thanks,
Tom

Expression pedals are connected to inputs PEDAL 1 to 4

Search for "expression pedal" at the User Manual

There are several tutorials at YouTube

Thanks, was having some problems getting to pedal calibrate, got there but only seeing a .2 % swing using Boss FV-500H and expression jack. Do I need to go to a regular expression pedal instead of this one ?

Thanks, was having some problems getting to pedal calibrate, got there but only seeing a .2 % swing using Boss FV-500H and expression jack. Do I need to go to a regular expression pedal instead of this one ?

Hi.

I used a FV-500H back when I had the AX8 with absolutely no problem. IIRC you need to dial the knob on the side of the pedal back to the minimum/off position in order for the expression pot to work correctly.

Hi.

I used a FV-500H back when I had the AX8 with absolutely no problem. IIRC you need to dial the knob on the side of the pedal back to the minimum/off position in order for the expression pot to work correctly.
Hi.

Hi.

I tried that didn't help but was not using trs cable, is that the problem ? Thanks

Yes,I have the same pedal. It is essential to use a TRS cable. So that the signal varies and the AX8 warns it

Back
Top Bottom