Volume pedal between axe and guitar

serge20261

Inspired
Would putting a volume pedal between axe and guitar have the same effect as a real amp?
Example if used on a high gain amp,would it roll back the gain?

Question 2
I want to gig with my axe is there anyway on setting preset volumes without blasting neighbours or do they have to be at gig level
Last question ....I'm running 2 frfr cabs thru a matrix power amp,what are the settings to have my cabs in stereo
Apologise for the noob questions,I am very slowly getting a handle on this bad boy.

Would putting a volume pedal between axe and guitar have the same effect as a real amp?
Example if used on a high gain amp,would it roll back the gain?
Yes.

Question 2
I want to gig with my axe is there anyway on setting preset volumes without blasting neighbours or do they have to be at gig level
It's highly recommended to set levels at gig volume. There's no cheating Fletcher-Munson, unfortunately.

Last question ....I'm running 2 frfr cabs thru a matrix power amp,what are the settings to have my cabs in stereo
On the Axe or on the Matrix? For the Axe, all you need to do is set the output mode to stereo and route both cables to the matrix.

On a side note, you can also use an expression pedal instead of a volume pedal and use this for the input volume of your guitar. Eliminates an extra cable and a lot of expression pedals can also be used analogue as volume pedals. So it might be a better option to buy an expression pedal in the first place and have the option to use it in combination with a midi controller.

Thanks for your response Zwiebelchen, I have a mission rjm sp-1 expression pedal that I tried to setup,gave up on it,I will try my trusty ernie ball volume pedal.love the axe fx but does my head in
I have everything wired correctly,but wasn't sure what setting I had to make in the axe to run stereo,pretty sure it was L+R or something will have to check

Thanks for your response Zwiebelchen, I have a mission rjm sp-1 expression pedal that I tried to setup,gave up on it,I will try my trusty ernie ball volume pedal.love the axe fx but does my head in
I have everything wired correctly,but wasn't sure what setting I had to make in the axe to run stereo,pretty sure it was L+R or something will have to check
You can watch Chris@Katsukurimedia's videos and tutorials on youtube about setting up expression pedals. It's pretty easy once you figure out the internal logic of midi.

Sum L+R should not be used in your case, as you want to go stereo. Your Axe in factory settings should already be set to stereo by default.

Back
Top Bottom