Volume pedal automatically assigned to Output 1? Cant remove/find its control assignment

randombastage

Experienced
I created a preset with the rotary block using pedal 2 for speed control with auto engage at low output position and it works fine on a preset for 4 cable method that doesn't use Output 1.
But adding the same config to a regular (non 4 cable method) preset that uses Output 1 to FRFR it acts as a volume pedal as well as controlling the rotary effect. I never had anything using Pedal 2 and never had a volume pedal set up before.
I'm using the external pedal jacks on the FC6.
Fractal EV1 in pedal 1 for wah...works fine in either type of preset, using a mission EP-1 for the rotary control in Pedal 2

That might be an assigment in the global menu. You can assign pedals or other sources directly to the outputs there.
If not global then it's in the output block 1?
When you can't find a modifier, there's a page about all modis in a preset. From home screen go to controllers and page right a few times.

Thanks, not it though.
I can make those pedal assignments work fine if I plug the Pedal 2 pedal into the back of the AxeFx itself so it isn't the settings for the preset or global settings. It happens with either the Mission Pedal or the Fractal pedal and it isn't the cord since I've tried a bunch of them proving they work elsewhere etc.

Once the preset somehow merges the rotary control with volume at output 1, which happens immediately every time a plug goes in the jack, the only way to fix it is reboot the FC6 without anything plugged into the Pedal two jack of the FC6.

Defective jack maybe? Bug?

Can anyone confirm they are getting expression pedal control through Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 on the FC6?

Also, are Pedal 3 and Pedal 4 supposed to work on the FC6? Mine don't...

Thanks, not it though.
I can make those pedal assignments work fine if I plug the Pedal 2 pedal into the back of the AxeFx itself so it isn't the settings for the preset or global settings.

That's a different pedal port. This doesn't reveal anything about what FC1 Pedal 2 might configured to do.

What is "Output 1 Volume" set to in the Setup: Midi/Remote: Other menu?

Also, are Pedal 3 and Pedal 4 supposed to work on the FC6? Mine don't...

Describe "don't work" in more detail. Did you calibrate and assign them to anything? There probably aren't any factory presets that use those pedals as modifier sources.

That's a different pedal port. This doesn't reveal anything about what FC1 Pedal 2 might configured to do.

What is "Output 1 Volume" set to in the Setup: Midi/Remote: Other menu?

That was where I went wrong. Somehow I missed scrolling that row of tabs to the Other menu. The output was as you suspected so I changed it to NONE and now it works fine.

I'm guessing I thought the #3 and 4 jacks were 'not working' due to my wrong choices.
When I received the AxeFx III, used, the Wah just worked right away by plugging in to FC Pedal 1.
I picked External 1 and it worked, dumb luck, I'm the blind squirrel that found a nut. I was only getting results from jacks 1 and 2 since they were assigned to External and 3 and 4 were not. I was using the wrong Pedal choice to assign them to modify things by picking 'External Pedal' instead of 'FC Pedal'....
The Wah was already working and it used the the External Pedal choice ( of course Pedal 1 wasn't also assigned to the output volume in the Other menu) so I thought the same thing should work for the Rotary by choosing External Pedal 2. It was controlling both due to the Assignment you pointed me to in the Other menu...

Coming from the Ultra and then the IIxl+ I thought I didn't really need to read the whole manual for the III...lol...when the FC in AxeEdit seemed to have eliminated the need for menu diving assignment for modifiers etc. because the Wah worked without diving in so I made a bad assumption...

Many thanks! It is all good now!

I just want to say I have been an on again off again user of the AxeFx since the Ultra came out and I sold the Ultra and then the IIxl+ to get a more friendly user interface, the need for more outboard devices connection/routing options and better foot control that the competitive devices had.
Now I'm going to sell those others because the new improved Axe Fx III with FC-6/12 has made the compromise unwarranted. It is so good right now I feel guilty having this much at my disposal! And the amps and cabs sound really, really, good too....I swear it isn't just confirmation bias...it really is significantly better sounding than the IIxl+ was

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom