Volume pedal as controler attached to input volume

I've had my Ernie Ball volume pedal out in front of my amp for years. Recently I took the wireless plunge, and decided it was time to move the volume pedal to be an external midi controller attached to the Axe input volume.

I have it configured for a continuous pedal on input volume, and I swept the range of the pedal for the AxeFx to learn. However it doesn't behave at all like a volume in front of the amp does. I feel like there is only off, quiet and full volume.

Am I doing something wrong? What is the trick here? I poked around at the wiki and didn't find much. Do I need to attach a modifier to get the sweep to be more smooth?

steve,
you can change the "log" type of the pedal and that helped out for me, (i changed from linear to one of the other types) I also adjusted the slope a little and that helped me. I put on my in ears and then just adjusted it until it felt right for volume swells...you may have already tried these things, but I was able to get there, so I think you can too!

If it is jumping rapidly, it could also be your polarity is reversed. Try swapping the mono cable around on the EB

Back
Top Bottom