Volume/Pan Block Controlled by CC or Volume Pedal

Toopy14

Axe-Master
Can I run two Volume/Pan Blocks in parallel and control one of them via an external pedal connected to the Axe-Fx II and the other via Ext 1 or 2 with a MIDI CC command?

Last edited:
Both ways you assign an external controller as an interface between the effect and the source. One case it gets controlled by midi CCs, the other case it gets controlled by a pedal.

I figured I could, but the thought hit me on my way into work today, so I won't be able to try it until I get home.

I was looking for a way to control my shimmer chain, manually, using my volume pedal or by using an automation track in Bandhelper, without having to change the modifier source in the I/O menu (I think that's where it is).

I figured I could, but the thought hit me on my way into work today, so I won't be able to try it until I get home.

I was looking for a way to control my shimmer chain, manually, using my volume pedal or by using an automation track in Bandhelper, without having to change the modifier source in the I/O menu (I think that's where it is).
the issue you'll face is that the other one is going to pass signal unless it's bypassed with MUTE set.

the issue you'll face is that the other one is going to pass signal unless it's bypassed with MUTE set.

It shouldn't be any different than the way it works now. If I use the pedal in the heel position, the level of the signal is set to min. and no signal passes through. If I control the level with a CC command, from BH, the level can also be set to min., so no signal passes through. So if both parallel Volume/Pan blocks are set to min. to begin with, no signal will pass through and I can allow the signal to pass through by using the pedal or the MIDI command.

It shouldn't be any different than the way it works now. If I use the pedal in the heel position, the level of the signal is set to min. and no signal passes through. If I control the level with a CC command, from BH, the level can also be set to min., so no signal passes through. So if both parallel Volume/Pan blocks are set to min. to begin with, not signal will pass through and I can allow the signal to pass by using the pedal or the MIDI command.
ok cool, as long as you are always in control of each and have that min as a default in your workflow.

Works great! Top Vol/Pan block is controlled via MIDI command from BH and the bottom Vol/Pan block is controlled via volume pedal plugged in to the Axe-Fx.

upload_2018-2-15_18-9-51.png

Thanks @chris!

Back
Top Bottom