Volume +/- on MFC 101

virgil

Experienced
Hello,
Please somebody give an advice:
on GCP pro I could asign two IA switches for incr.and decrs. the volume of
my presets.Was good for customize the presets level.
Can I do the same in MFC-101 ?..if yes tell me please how I will do this ?
Thank you so much !

Yep, you can do this with the MFC by assigning an IA to CC# 035 for Volume Incr and another IA to CC# 036 Volume Decr

From the wiki:

"If you assign the Vol Decr/Inc commands to IA switches or external switches, you may notice clicks or pops when switching presets. Solve this by configuring them to send nothing else."

Thank you Sir,
one more qustion please:
.."solve this by configuring them to send nothing else..
well,how do I do this?
Yep, you can do this with the MFC by assigning an IA to CC# 035 for Volume Incr and another IA to CC# 036 Volume Decr

From the wiki:

"If you assign the Vol Decr/Inc commands to IA switches or external switches, you may notice clicks or pops when switching presets. Solve this by configuring them to send nothing else."

It's probably best to set the IA off value to "off" and use IA type "momentary" or "auto-off". Then the MFC won't send an inc & dec command on every preset change, which might cause some issues.

Is there an easy way to use the looper with a patch, record a loop then increase the volume of the patch only & not the looping part (so that your lead is louder over a looping rhythm)?

Is there an easy way to use the looper with a patch, record a loop then increase the volume of the patch only & not the looping part (so that your lead is louder over a looping rhythm)?

You should be able to just engage a drive block or something in the patch that is currently looping for that purpose. Make sure the delay/loop block is the last block in your signal chain though. This way you can apply whatever effects you like in front of it without changing what is looping.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I just sort of pick anything with vol and assign an ia on my pedal. Just wondering if there were others who may have found a different/better/more consistant way. Thank you,

Don't forget that you should also be able to play over the loop with an entirely different patch - provided that there is an active looper block in each patch.

Back
Top Bottom