Bug? Volume issues using Exp and Per Preset changing saved settings

Edrod

Power User
I'm experiencing the same issues that @hubula is with the per preset fc feature.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or what I'm doing wrong. I'm running the latest Cygnus and FM3-Edit. We have our first gig coming this weekend since COVID. I started investing more time on my presets to make it work in the live environment.

Issue #1
I added a volume pedal to control the overall volume of my preset. As I was editing last night, everything seemed to be working. When I turned on my unit today, I noticed I did not have audio. I finally figured out that the expression pedal and vol block weren't in synch. After troubleshooting I couldn't figure out what was causing it. So I did a reset in the Vol block by redoing my settings. Then it went back to normal, unfortunately, I have to do this every time I restart the FM3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d70mdi4xpgq9wh/FM3 Volume Issues.mp4?dl=0

Issue # 2
I started using the Per-Preset FC option. I use it to bypass an effect on certain presets. I use the Layout 3 - Switches 1 as followed.

Drive - Delay - Reverb

I kept noticing that it keept defaulting the switches to

Tuner - Trem Pan 1 - Delay 1

In order to fix this, I have to go to FM3 edit and click on Layout 3 - Switches 1. Then it changes it to Drive - Delay - Reverb. I also noticed that I changes Switch 3 to black (PerPrst #2).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ik0z9f0jzyhkxm3/20210622_073019.mp4?dl=0

Thank you for the report and the videos, @Edrod. Can you please provide your "System + FC" backup from Fractal-Bot and an example preset or two?

Thank you for replying so quick @BryantP

I did 2 different backups, one for before using FM3-Edit and after using FM3-Edit (which fixes the issues). This is happening to presets 1-4.

Attachments

• After using Edit - FM3-210622-080925-bank-A.syx
    3 MB · Views: 2
  • After using Edit - FM3-210622-080925-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Before using Edit -FM3-210622-080538-bank-A.syx
    3 MB · Views: 2
  • Before using Edit -FM3-210622-080538-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 2
I did 2 different backups, one for before using FM3-Edit and after using FM3-Edit (which fixes the issues). This is happening to presets 1-4.
Thank you for the files. We'll take a look as soon as we get a chance.

@BryantP I had calibrated the pedal a few months ago when I received the ev2. I haven't messed with it since. I went back to recalibrate as you suggested, and it seems to have solved that issue :D

I haven't found a solution for the Per-Preset issue other than the go into FC controllers - Layout - 3. Then it changes it automatically for me.

@BryantP I had calibrated the pedal a few months ago when I received the ev2. I haven't messed with it since. I went back to recalibrate as you suggested, and it seems to have solved that issue :D
Glad to hear it!
I haven't found a solution for the Per-Preset issue other than the go into FC controllers - Layout - 3. Then it changes it automatically for me.
We will take a look at this.

6.24.21 Update - Back to the same with the expression pedal. After restarting, the values changed and I can only calibrate to 3/4 of the full range of motion :(

Good afternoon @BryantP

I downloaded the new firmware. Was this issue addressed by any chance? In order to make it work I have to open Axe eidt and click on FC controllers. The click on effects on my FM3 in order for the correct switches to show up.

Kind regards

Apologies again, @Edrod . I was out most of last week. I did take a look at Issue #2 and I'm not seeing any per-preset overrides defined in your presets (I looked at the startup preset (002) and several others. A preset must be saved after adding overrides (from FM3-Edit or from the front panel).

I did notice that for the EFFECTS switch in the startup layout in the uploaded configuration (Layout 4, View 1, Switch 3) goes to Layout 3, View 4. I think it is meant to go to Layout 3, View 1. Please find an attached, updated configuration that I hope helps (created with FM3 firmware 5.02).

I will look at the volume issue next.

Attachments

• FM3-220516-072018-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 0
Issue #1
I added a volume pedal to control the overall volume of my preset. As I was editing last night, everything seemed to be working. When I turned on my unit today, I noticed I did not have audio. I finally figured out that the expression pedal and vol block weren't in synch. After troubleshooting I couldn't figure out what was causing it. So I did a reset in the Vol block by redoing my settings. Then it went back to normal, unfortunately, I have to do this every time I restart the FM3.
I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. Did you still have this problem on firmware 5.02? If so, which settings do you redo to bring the volume back?

Back
Top Bottom