Volume issue with my singers Ultra

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
I use the Standard myself and have had no issues, but at least 3 times now my singer's volume has changed on his 5 main presets i set up for him. This past saturday we did a soundcheck before our gig and it was fine, as soon as the 1st set started the volume of each preset changed on him. This has happened several times now, I use a db meter to try and even out the presets as much as possible(i know that's not always the best method but it works for a quick fix).
A little more background, we both plug direct to PA using the L+R Sum setting, using left Xlr output. I do all his presets, setting them up, getting levels matched etc...he doesn't touch anything inside the presets whatsoever, only the output on the front to control overall volume. I can't figure out why his levels keep changing, any thoughts?? Thanks!

Matt

Just some ideas I'll throw out:

Does he use a midi controller or other control pedals? Or, when setting it up is there a pedal plugged in, but not one when using it live? If so, I would start by looking at the controller settings.

Also, could there be some internal controller attached to the level on some common effect that was copied and used in all patches?

I doubt this is a bug. I'm leaning towards something with the MIDI setup. If you want to bring his setup down the shop I can take a look at it and see if we can figure out what's going on.

FractalAudio said:
I doubt this is a bug. I'm leaning towards something with the MIDI setup. If you want to bring his setup down the shop I can take a look at it and see if we can figure out what's going on.

Thanks Cliff, i'll let him know!

Back
Top Bottom