Megahertzz

Inspired
I have a global volume block that I use on all my presets, where the volume parameter is controlled by an expression pedal, and block level is used with a scene modifier for volume boost during leads.

The thing is, and I'm fairly certain I could do this before, when I change the level parameter from say, 6 Db to 3 Db, and save the preset, the level doesn't change on all linked blocks. Not even when I save and link the block in the global block menu. This is a big issue for me, since I use one preset per song, and lead volume must normally be adjusted in all presets depending on the room I'm playing. I feel this kinda takes away the whole point with global blocks if I have to make adjustments to all presets individually anyway.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a solution?

I too, use a preset per song. The lead boost amounts and methods are different for most presets. I've never ran across a situation where a lead boost amount works in one room but not in another, affecting all presets equally?

But yes, If you are using the same block is each preset, and they are all linked to the same 'Global block' number. It should work?

I too, use a preset per song. The lead boost amounts and methods are different for most presets. I've never ran across a situation where a lead boost amount works in one room but not in another, affecting all presets equally?

It's more about the volume in the room than the tonal qualities of the room itself. Boosting 6 Db for leads at low volume makes a bigger difference than boosting 6 Db at high volume. At least that's how I perceive it.

But yes, If you are using the same block is each preset, and they are all linked to the same 'Global block' number. It should work?

Sadly it doesn't, but I am strongly convinced it did in an earlier FW. I'm at 8.02 now. Maybe I should report it as a bug?

It's more about the volume in the room than the tonal qualities of the room itself. Boosting 6 Db for leads at low volume makes a bigger difference than boosting 6 Db at high volume. At least that's how I perceive it.

Sadly it doesn't, but I am strongly convinced it did in an earlier FW. I'm at 8.02 now. Maybe I should report it as a bug?
Volume will do that. We play at the same volume most of the time.

Are you sure that the blocks are still linked?

You linked both volume and level to sources outside the block? So there are no values saved on these places in the block. The block contains the links then, not the values.

You linked both volume and level to sources outside the block? So there are no values saved on these places in the block. The block contains the links then, not the values.

Level parameter in the block was saved at 6 Db, and is at 6 Db when I load it into a preset. Scene modifier and expression pedal is also saved in the block. The scene modifier parameter obviously has to be programmed in each individual preset, depending on which scene I'm using for leads.

Since the scene modifier values are stored in the preset, they are not part of the block and can't get saved in a global block.

You could put two volume blocks in a sequence, one to get controlled by modifiers, the other one to get stored as global block, allowing for adjustments over all presets.

The problem isn't with the scene parameters, it's with the volume block level that doesn't change across linked blocks.

Are you trying to adjust a level parameter that also has a scene controller assigned as modifier? If so, that's the problem. The modifier & scene controller values determine the block level.

The only 1-block solution I can think of is dual delay where you could set it for 1ms & no feedback, then control input gain w/ pedal, Level L w/ scene controller (set Level R to 0) and use output level as the global-linked level. If you have room for an extra block, 2 vol/filter blocks will use less CPU% than one delay.

Are you trying to adjust a level parameter that also has a scene controller assigned as modifier? If so, that's the problem. The modifier & scene controller values determine the block level.

No, the scene modifier only determines the value between the set level parameters in the volume block. For instance, if OFF value is 0 Db and ON value is 6Db, the scene controller can only adjust the level between 0 Db (rhythm volume, 0% on scene controller) and 6 Db (lead volume, 100% on scene controller). If I for instance want lead volume to be 4 Db instead of 6, I need to change the value of the level parameter in the volume block, scene modifier is still on 0% for rhythm and 100% for leads.

Since my volume block is a global block, linked in all my presets, the level change should apply to all presets using that block upon saving.

Could you give a clear answer to this question?

"Are you trying to adjust a level parameter that also has a scene controller assigned as modifier?"

Your post begins with "no" but it sounds like that's exactly what you're trying to do.

The modifier has control of the parameter. If the modifier range is 0 to 6 dB, that's the range of output level values you get.

You're not adding 4 dB somehow by setting the level parameter to 4 dB in the edit menu.

The modifier has control of the parameter. If the modifier range is 0 to 6 dB, that's the range of output level values you get.

Yes, and if I change that range from 0 to 4 Db in a global block, and save the preset, it should also change on all linked blocks, right? The problem isn't that I can't change the parameter. The problem is that the changes don't apply to linked blocks when I save the preset.

Honestly, I don't know how I can explain my problem any clearer. The issue isn't the modifier, it's applying the changes to the level parameter in a global volume block to all presets where the global volume block is present.

The upper and lower values of the scene modifiers are not stored in the block, they are in the preset. They can't be part of a global block. Everything about modifiers is not in the block, these are settings in a preset that aim to a certain target parameter in a certain block.
It's not the way round, that it is the block that loads it's values from a certain source.
Think it the way that it's a job of the preset to send the values to the blocks.

As I said above, the issue isn't with the scene parameters, it's with the level parameters in the volume block. I can change the value of the level parameter in the block, and save the preset, but the change doesn't appear in the linked blocks in my other presets. I am well aware that scene modifier parameters must be set in each individual preset. This is not the issue.

I can't recreate what you're describing. Adjusting output level parameter causes the change to appear in other presets linked to the same global instance. It's pointless with a scene controller assigned as modifier, but the value can still be adjusted and saved. That's the numeric value shown above the knobs w/ output level parameter highlighted, not the knob position which represents the modifier.

Can you make a video showing the problem with 2 presets, and post the presets?

I can't recreate what you're describing. Adjusting output level parameter causes the change to appear in other presets linked to the same global instance. It's pointless with a scene controller assigned as modifier, but the value can still be adjusted and saved. That's the numeric value shown above the knobs w/ output level parameter highlighted, not the knob position which represents the modifier.

Can you make a video showing the problem with 2 presets, and post the presets?

I can try to grab some screenshots. What firmware are you on?

The modifier has priority.. The Min and Max settings in the 'Edit Modifier' window will override the 'Global' setting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom