Volume drop when switching scenes

JoeyBTL

Inspired
I went to try and use scenes tonight at practice for something simple, just a simple patch with drive engaged in scene one and bypassed in scene two. When I do this, this is a very obvious momentary volume drop when I switch from scene one to two. But even if I switch the order and have scene with drive bypassed it has the same effect. In addition to that, when switching back there is a small dropout. I used to use scenes instead of separate presets quite a bit and I know that there is a certain dropout to be expected when doing certain things in scenes, but just bypassing and unbypassing the drive block without any dropout doesn't seem to be much to ask seeing as when you just press the bypass button it is immediate with no noticeable differences. It does this on multiple presets as well.

In the clip, the first half is going from scene one to two. It does it whether using the quick control knobs or through the MFC. The second half is just hitting the bypass button a few times, showing no dropouts or affects on the volume. I'd love some help!

what else is in the preset? are you sure nothing else is switching when you change scenes? xy states of other blocks?

do you have a real amp connected via 4 cable method?

Ahhh dammit, it is the xy! I've been copying this same amp block to different presets for so long now I didn't even remember that its the Y of a different amp I used to use haha thank you! That explains the drop out I get, but I still don't understand the slight dip in volume. I thought it was supposed to be much smoother when just switching xy instead of to a completely different amp block.

Also is there still no way of copying x to y?

copy x to y:
when you're on X press Y for 1 sec and you'll have a copy menu coming up.
Easy also on axe edit (with the option to swap too).

Going from x to y while playing you can sometimes get a frustrating amp loading time...

For the other issue, check your output volumes of scene, and volumes of all your effects, cabs, and all the different volumes on the amp block.
I had similar issues in the beginning mostly because i was overwhelmed by the little details and was a bit messy at setting up my sounds.

Okay thank you! And I know what you mean. Scenes is a great thing but there are a few little details I have to go over to get it just right. I wish I could've just figured this out by myself but it was much quicker to post it here and have more time for playing \m/

Back
Top Bottom