Volume Drop only on one side??

I've been having an issue off and on for a few months and it's gotten to where I'm actually worried. So I have my Axe FX set up as follows: Output 1 Left into input 1 of a Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII, and Output 1 Right into input 2 of the Apollo. The issue is that randomly the volume on the left side will be much louder than the right. I can't tell if it's that the right side drops in volume or if the left side is getting louder, but even looking at the input gain meters on the Apollo show that they're quite different in volume.
The only thing that seems to fix it is if I turn the Axe Fx off and wait a minute and then turn it back on. It's not a sudden drop, it seems to slowly shift. I know it's not the Apollo cause this happened a couple times before when using a different interface. I've gone through all the global settings, all my blocks, and nothing actually changes when this happens. Anyone else had an issue like this? Or know what the issue could be and how to fix it?

I've swapped cables and interfaces, so I'm positive it's not an issue outside of the Axe FX.

How much is going on in you presets? does this happen with mono presets with say just an amp an cab? What if you sum left right in the input menu. what if you some left right in the output menu?

How much is going on in you presets? does this happen with mono presets with say just an amp an cab? What if you sum left right in the input menu. what if you some left right in the output menu?
Here's my main preset to see if youll find something im missing. I've never changed any input or output settings since I got the axe fx, it just started doing this maybe 6 months ago?

Attachments

• Hey You You're Finally Awake.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
I do not see anything in your preset to cause a balance difference on my rig, but with my setup your preset is pretty loud, really loud on scenes 4,5,7,8 they clip the out meters instantly. Have you tried output 2?

I do not see anything in your preset to cause a balance difference on my rig, but with my setup your preset is pretty loud, really loud on scenes 4,5,7,8 they clip the out meters instantly. Have you tried output 2?
Yeah, I don't use the scenes, I just switch between X/Y on the drive block and turn the delay block on and off. But I'll try output 2

Edit: Before I get hate for not using scenes. I usually do, it's just that this particular preset was built for and only used in the studio, so I don't have a real need to set up scenes when I use X/Y on the drive block and use my guitars volume to clean up.

Last edited:
I've been having an issue off and on for a few months and it's gotten to where I'm actually worried. So I have my Axe FX set up as follows: Output 1 Left into input 1 of a Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII, and Output 1 Right into input 2 of the Apollo. The issue is that randomly the volume on the left side will be much louder than the right. I can't tell if it's that the right side drops in volume or if the left side is getting louder, but even looking at the input gain meters on the Apollo show that they're quite different in volume.
The only thing that seems to fix it is if I turn the Axe Fx off and wait a minute and then turn it back on. It's not a sudden drop, it seems to slowly shift. I know it's not the Apollo cause this happened a couple times before when using a different interface. I've gone through all the global settings, all my blocks, and nothing actually changes when this happens. Anyone else had an issue like this? Or know what the issue could be and how to fix it?

I've swapped cables and interfaces, so I'm positive it's not an issue outside of the Axe FX.
Yes!! Exact same thing on my FM3. Identical. Did you ever find a fix?

Back
Top Bottom